'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Give it a rest Spinny. Trawling the net for examples of bad driving (happened to be speeding too) and violent motorists and holding them up as examples of the normal motorist that exceeds the speed limit doesn't wash. I'm sure you buy into it 100% but you're fooling yourself.

But can you come up with any examples or positive stories where speeding is a good thing? Probably not.

Speeding is just the tip of the iceberg of a driver with a bad attitude. And with that attitude comes a whole host of other failings.

But can you come up with any examples or positive stories where speeding is a good thing? Probably not.

Speeding is just the tip of the iceberg of a driver with a bad attitude. And with that attitude comes a whole host of other failings.

How very dramatic. What other failings come from speeding then?

There are no positives to be gained in general through speeding at all - and i admit to speeding. However neither is it the devils work, the Daily Mirror is running at least three traffic accident stories today NONE include speeding, all include bad driving, all of which are untraceable until someone gets killed.

Perhaps we should concentrate more on enforcing traffic regulations not just speeding or improving driving lessons and the structure.

But that's just bad driving at fault, not the speed.

Huh...?

Single lane carriageway of Penistone Road, 30mph limit. Doing 30mph, Pug 306 approached from behind at speed in excess of 30, proceeded to tailgate. Then overtook despite the presence of oncoming traffic.

I'm sure we've all seen similar examples.

Huh...?

Single lane carriageway of Penistone Road, 30mph limit. Doing 30mph, Pug 306 approached from behind at speed in excess of 30, proceeded to tailgate. Then overtook despite the presence of oncoming traffic.

I'm sure we've all seen similar examples.

Bad driving at fault, driving at speeds inapproriate for the circumstances as well as tailgating and the overtaking. Driving in excess of 30mph on that stretch of road at another time under different circumstances may not have been dangerous at all. Citing examples of bad driving adds nothing.

Archived