'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Bad driving at fault, driving at speeds inapproriate for the circumstances as well as tailgating and the overtaking. Driving in excess of 30mph on that stretch of road at another time under different circumstances may not have been dangerous at all. Citing examples of bad driving adds nothing.

As pointed out before speeding is the tip if the iceberg, it's a self absorbed attitude. Which leads to less consideration for other road users.

Unfounded speculation, what evidence do you have?

Come on, you can do better than that.

As this is a public forum and I'm only representing myself, it's my opinion based on life experience. I can't speak for the millions of other road users.

As you feel the law doesn't apply to you, I'd say you were pretty self absorbed. nothing personal.

As this is a public forum and I'm only representing myself, it's my opinion based on life experience. I can't speak for the millions of other road users.

As you feel the law doesn't apply to you, I'd say you were pretty self absorbed. nothing personal.

Ditto mate.

Ditto mate.

Shame, you didn't highlight all of it.

From my experience, the morons who own the outside lane (usually driving BMWs and Audis) and flash you if you're in their lane and only doing 70mph (regardless of what you're overtaking in lane 2) - they fail to indicate, cut in, and don't keep a safe distance from the car in front.

That good enough for starters?

There's one such muppet I see every day on the motorway. He drives a white Audi and flies past me on the M53. He weaves in and out of traffic on the M56 for about 20 miles, I take it far easier, yet I'm still behind him at a set of traffic lights in Warrington later on. I've started waving to him now, but he just doesn't get it!

Did thay not do a test in a car that was limited to the speed limit and got people to drive it hucked up to sensors and stuff and thay found thay consentrated less on the road @ 30 in a 30 than if thay were doing 35 in the 30 on the same road.

i don't know any one that can 100% say thay never been over the speed limit, i do love all these people with big egos givving **** to people that have said "yes i have broke the speed limit before" come on get a life.

just because you never got points does not mean that you never done it, get off your high horses.

you have to remmber thay work speed limits out on stopping distances, which is ok for your ave car, which lets face it is not the most well mantaned things on the road with there nankang tyers and halfords brake pads, but some hi performance cars can stop from 70mph what the highway code says is the typical stopping distance from 40mph.

its like saying lewis hamilton in a mclaren slr doing 36mph in a 30mph zone in clear dry conditions with good vis and no one about is dangerus no matter what the govermant say.

speeding is not my biggest pet hate. the 2m+ uninsured drivers on the road are, which is much more dangerus than some people just going over a speedlimit as uninsured drivers just don't care about safty, and i bet alot of the uninsured drivers are driveing **** boxes under mantained, no licences, no mot, driveing without any self respect or cares for any ones safty.

Research shows that every year, uninsured drivers kill 160 people on the roads across the country.

or i can start on the drunk drivers if you like.

Drink and Drunk Driving wrecks lives!

On average 3,500 people are killed or seriously injured each year. Last year over 90,000 people were convicted of drink driving. The only safe way is not to drink if you are driving

From my experience, the morons who own the outside lane (usually driving BMWs and Audis) and flash you if you're in their lane and only doing 70mph (regardless of what you're overtaking in lane 2) - they fail to indicate, cut in, and don't keep a safe distance from the car in front.

That good enough for starters?

There's one such muppet I see every day on the motorway. He drives a white Audi and flies past me on the M53. He weaves in and out of traffic on the M56 for about 20 miles, I take it far easier, yet I'm still behind him at a set of traffic lights in Warrington later on. I've started waving to him now, but he just doesn't get it!

The behaviour is all bad, but I suspect you've got blinkers on if you only ever see Audi's and BMW's driving like that.

Archived