'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Nobody 'works' speed limits out, they set them based on the type of road and location.

thay are worked out in a risk assessment thats why you have 20mph zones because bringing the limit down gives you a smaller residual risk than that of 30mph because of the controlle (lower speed)

less speed more stopping time and less risk to people if there is no stopping/brakeing time but you can never get rid of the risk of a car hitting some one down to 0.

if cars had never been invented, and some one said now. i have a good idea.

lets make some things, lets call them motor vehicle's and thay are powerd by a engine that if fueld by this realy dangerus flamable fossil fuel.

and lets let people that are inherantly stuped and do silly things, like fighting and killing them selves over books. controlle them and lets make them so there realy fast (1mph - 260mph+) and we can drive them on roads at these speeds just feet from other non protected people on lets call it a pavement.

is that not a realy good idea? thay would be banned quicker than than google in china

Nobody 'works' speed limits out, they set them based on the type of road and location.

I believe they're also checked by the senior advanced driver trainer at the local police authority.

The behaviour is all bad, but I suspect you've got blinkers on if you only ever see Audi's and BMW's driving like that.

Today it was a Ford Focus, as well as the above two. I've noticed there is the same white Audi and silver BMW every day on my stretch, it would be amusing if they didn't drive so dangerously. But by the law of averages it won't be long before they're involved in a shunt and Karma wins again!

Really. Because it's the council that apply the limit.

Either way, it's not "worked out", except by a simple check list of location and road type.

My BMW is happily sitting in the drive all week as I cycle to work for the moment. Keeps the miles down.

thay are worked out in a risk assessment thats why you have 20mph zones because bringing the limit down gives you a smaller residual risk than that of 30mph because of the controlle (lower speed)

less speed more stopping time and less risk to people if there is no stopping/brakeing time but you can never get rid of the risk of a car hitting some one down to 0.

What 'working out' is involved then?

if cars had never been invented, and some one said now. i have a good idea.

lets make some things, lets call them motor vehicle's and thay are powerd by a engine that if fueld by this realy dangerus flamable fossil fuel.

and lets let people that are inherantly stuped and do silly things, like fighting and killing them selves over books. controlle them and lets make them so there realy fast (1mph - 260mph+) and we can drive them on roads at these speeds just feet from other non protected people on lets call it a pavement.

is that not a realy good idea? thay would be banned quicker than than google in china

Can you think of any form of personal transport that has been banned?

The Segway is suffering from an identity crisis at the moment. Just maybe.

Thats a good one that, because if he looses does that mean it is classed as a motor vehicle like a typical motor scooter and does that mean it needs to be MOT'ed have road tax and needs insurance + maybe needing a CBT you ride it also?

that will kill them in the uk if so

Interesting story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304575/Speed-guns-dont-work-says-police-superintendent-clocked-driving-79mph.html

'Speed guns don't work,' says police superintendent clocked driving at 79mph

A senior policewoman clocked speeding is challenging the charge by claiming that the speed gun used by her own force was not accurate.

Superintendent Helen Chamberlain, 43, was recorded driving at 79mph on a road with a 50mph limit.

She was given a verbal warning by the officer who stopped her. But a more senior officer disagreed with the decision and asked the Crown Prosecution Service to review the case.

Interesting story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304575/Speed-guns-dont-work-says-police-superintendent-clocked-driving-79mph.html

'Speed guns don't work,' says police superintendent clocked driving at 79mph

A senior policewoman clocked speeding is challenging the charge by claiming that the speed gun used by her own force was not accurate.

Superintendent Helen Chamberlain, 43, was recorded driving at 79mph on a road with a 50mph limit.

She was given a verbal warning by the officer who stopped her. But a more senior officer disagreed with the decision and asked the Crown Prosecution Service to review the case.

Was it the LTi 20-20 dodgyscope? I think that's been shown to give a wall a speed of 44mph ....

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Experts-say-slipping-cause-inaccurate-readings/article-2513181-detail/article.html

Archived