'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

My bad. Indeed what I had read was that they were only approved by the Home Office for single lanes. According to that Wiki article, they are capable of still catching cars that switch lanes, but does the Home Office have to approve them for that use?

EDIT: just read the linked article about HOTA, yes they are approved :)

EDIT: This is the article I read. Dated 2006 though :blush:

Average Speed Cameras are used to enforce 20mph zones in London, they work brilliantly.

Scuba has a skewed view on speed cameras, he insists he doesn't annoy anyone when he speeds but admits he doesn't go back and ask them, he ignores evidence that show they work and whines endlessly about how the law being enforced is SO UNFAIR.

Average Speed Cameras are used to enforce 20mph zones in London, they work brilliantly.

Scuba has a skewed view on speed cameras, he insists he doesn't annoy anyone when he speeds but admits he doesn't go back and ask them, he ignores evidence that show they work and whines endlessly about how the law being enforced is SO UNFAIR.

Lol, why you so rattled Spinny?

What skewed view is that then?

What evidence do you have that I have annoyed anyone by speeding?

What evidence have I ignored that they work? I bloody well know they work because I've had 3 points some years back!

Note the SPEC cameras were only approved for multi-lanes last year, so pre last year they were only approved for single lanes. That is my only citation of speed cameras not working, which was corrected with thanks to Alex C.

What evidence do you have that you haven't annoyed anyone by your speeding?

Did you go back along the road and ask everyone/

You claimed speeding's a victim-less crime.

You're wrong.

You do seem to choose which laws should be in and which should be out...anyone would think you have an agenda :D

What evidence do you have that you haven't annoyed anyone by your speeding?

Did you go back along the road and ask everyone/

You claimed speeding's a victim-less crime.

You're wrong.

My bold - I can't remember putting that. Please use the quote. :)

If you are going to make an assertion, it is up to you to back that up, so prove I have annoyed anyone (by speeding ;))

Archived