'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

geff, the driving errors you cite are trivial, yet you want drivers to be banned for them.

Yet you admit to speeding, a criminal offence that kills far more people than drunk driving.

NOBODY can prove that it was the speeding that killed anyone. If an accident happens and someone involved just happened to be doing 2mph above the speed limit, the accident statistically is recorded as having been caused by speed. NOT THE CASE!

BUT, to record it as being caused by speeding is politically correct.

The Swindon experiment proves conclusively that speed cameras cost lives.

Inappropriate speed (you can be doing an inappropriate speed and still be within the limit, of course) and bad driving is what causes accidents, not 'speeding' in general.
I'd venture inappropriate car maintenance will be a very aggravating, if not deciding, factor.

Was in a pub car park yesterday lunchtime and, out of idle curiosity, observed tyres of all the cars there (7 of them).

At least 4 of them had manifestly incorrect tyre pressure (very obviously deflated well below manufacturer recommendation) with 1 dubious. 1, a big Volvo, looked to be running on positively flats at the front - and I saw it come in, so I know it was being used. Criminal.

5 of them had assymetrical profiles (different tyre and thread design) on the same axle. Which I believe to be illegal (I'm open to correction, just can't be bothered looking it up - I do know for a fact that it's an instant MOT fail (and fine+points if caught) in France and Luxembourg).

Yes because of course driving at 80mph on a quiet motorway is anti-social in the same way that nasty little chavs vandalising your home and car on a daily basis is.

The guy that made these claims is a complete idiot.

Inappropriate speed (you can be doing an inappropriate speed and still be within the limit, of course) and bad driving is what causes accidents, not 'speeding' in general.

Sorry to say that speeding comes under the category 'bad driving' too.

Sorry to say that speeding comes under the category 'bad driving' too.

Rubbish, there are plenty of situations were speeding causes no problems to anyone whatsoever. There are also plenty of situations where driving at the limit would be dangerous and wrong.

L00b yes totally agree car maintenance is definitely a factor. Just this morning I passed a car and the rear wheel wasn't actually attached properly and the wheel was wobbling all over the place!

Archived