Attack on Abbeydale Rd Saturday 7th 11pm - witnesses needed

Hi guys. A good friend of mine was very badly hurt on Saturday night ater an unprovoked attack, and I was hoping someone may have seen something that could help in finding the scum who did it.

My friend was walking home from work on Saturday night, along Abbeydale Road when he was attacked. This happened at around 11:05pm, just a few houses away from The Rude Shipyard. He was hit in the face once with a blunt object, and has severe eye damage now along with nerve damage to his face, a fractured bone, a chipped tooth, stitches.. etc......

There were people around who didn't intervene, which I could almost understand given the state of his face and how scary it must have looked. The 3 attackers fled afterwards, leaving him on the floor, where he remained for 20 minutes until a police car spotted him. He called to several passers by for help, but was ignored. I don't care if people were scared and didn't want to get involved, no one's judging you. But it you WERE there and saw something, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get in touch with the police? Or likewise if you hear something that might lead to identifying these despicable louts. People who can commit such acts of violence need to be caught before they go too far.

Lecture over. Sorry for ranting, but he's really not in a good way :(

I hope your friend makes a full recovery and the police catch the scum who did it.

It's shocking how some people - and I prefer to think it is a minority - will ignore someone who is obviously in distress. What happened to common humanity?

excuse my ignorance on policing issues, but couldnt the force put a couple of bobbies on the beat on the known trouble streets, (outside town), just to show theres a presence?

know this sounds abit 'evening all', but makes sense doesnt it?

jesus that is awful, i live about 100 yards from where this happened but i was away, if i had seen them i would have given them a bllody good run for thier money, someone has to stand up to these morons who it seems are jumping people in and around sharrow this summer, i have been here for 5 years and noticed a big rise in such attacks this year, i hope he is ok, i know violence is not the answer but would love someone to give these idiots the hiding of thier lives then it might make them think twice about thier own actions in future. hope you catch the scum.

jesus that is awful, i live about 100 yards from where this happened but i was away, if i had seen them i would have given them a bllody good run for thier money, someone has to stand up to these morons who it seems are jumping people in and around sharrow this summer, i have been here for 5 years and noticed a big rise in such attacks this year, i hope he is ok, i know violence is not the answer but would love someone to give these idiots the hiding of thier lives then it might make them think twice about thier own actions in future. hope you catch the scum.

It is very probably the same small group of scum who are causing all the problems. If they were deadt :hihi: with things would very probably improve dramatically.

When its "gangs" beating each other up and knifing each other then I couldn't really care less. However, when people seem to think it is acceptable to attack someone unprovoked it is time to bring in some vigilantes.

The type of people doing this might think twice if they are taken round a corner and disciplined.

A similar thing happened to a couple of friends of mine. Walking home late at night they heard a car pull up behind them, never thinking anything of it so didn't look 'round. Next thing they're both on the floor having been battered around the head with a metal bar.

Neither was robbed. Police claimed it happens alot, people out beating others for kicks.

Sometimes this world just plain SCARES me....

Archived