Attack on Abbeydale Rd Saturday 7th 11pm - witnesses needed

'The type of people doing this might think twice if they are taken round a corner and disciplined. '

Eh, these are probably organised gangs, who is going to do the disciplining? its not the 1950's when there were cohesive working class communities, even then people were in fear of such mobs.

Well he's been in for more xrays guys, as the sweling's started to go down in his face a bit, and they've told him to go home, pack a bag, and come back as they want to operate on him tonight. Not good.

Im sure itll just be a precaution.

Best wishes to your friend though.

I hope he makes a full recovery very soon :)

Im sure itll just be a precaution.

Best wishes to your friend though.

I hope he makes a full recovery very soon :)

Well apparently his nose needs straightening out again, his cheekbone has dropped and needs to be lifted and reattached, and he also needs a metal plate fitting in the corner of his eye :S

Well he's been in for more xrays guys, as the sweling's started to go down in his face a bit, and they've told him to go home, pack a bag, and come back as they want to operate on him tonight. Not good.

I hope you pass on our regards and best wishes. I've been living in this area for 15 years now, it used to be considered surprisingly safe, but the increase in attacks that appear much more than one-off instances (not that one offs are better, but you know what I mean) is extremely disheartening. I know that often when people suffer something intentional, it can be the memory of those who stood by and did nothing that really hurts.

I have indeed told him of all the wonderfully kind words of support offered here, and it's properly touched him. I'm going to print off all the comments and stick em in a card to cheer him up!

On the bright side of things, he's lucky to have you as a friend :) XX

I have indeed told him of all the wonderfully kind words of support offered here, and it's properly touched him. I'm going to print off all the comments and stick em in a card to cheer him up!

Oooh, don't print them all. They aren't all supportive, for which I apologise.

I do offer my best wishes and a speedy recovery though.

Oooh, don't print them all. They aren't all supportive, for which I apologise.

I do offer my best wishes and a speedy recovery though.

I'll edit! *laughs*

He only needs to see how nice people are at the moment, owt that makes him feel 1% better at the mo will be a big relief to us all.

Shinyhappy - aww, bless you pet. But anyone would do the same, you just want your mates to be okay don't you? I get a bit mother hen about mine!

Archived