Tribal girl stripped over 'affair', molested by hundreds in Bengal

I try to read from a variety of sources but have no inclination whatsoever to watch footage of the nature of that referred to in the OP, I would find it distressing in the extreme.

Yes, 'the only way to form a true opinion of a story would be to see it for your own eyes', however, you don't always have to be there or witness it to be able to make an informed opinion. If that were case, then the whole of history until the advent of the camera and cine-film would have to be consigned as being totally unreliable.

Furthermore, at times even video footage lends itself to a variety of interpretations.

It would be easy to form the opinion that the ulterior motive for you pursuing this line of argument is to distract from the barbarism that goes on in India.

I try to read from a variety of sources but have no inclination whatsoever to watch footage of the nature of that referred to in the OP, I would find it distressing in the extreme.

Yes, 'the only way to form a true opinion of a story would be to see it for your own eyes', however, you don't always have to be there or witness it to be able to make an informed opinion. If that were case, then the whole of history until the advent of the camera and cine-film would have to be consigned as being totally unreliable.

Furthermore, at times even video footage lends itself to a variety of interpretations.[/quote

It would be easy to form the opinion that the ulterior motive for you pursuing this line of argument is to distract from the barbarism that goes on in India.

It would, but why would I be trying to detract from that?:huh: Look at my first post on this thread. I don't know how or why I ended up embroiled in this discussion about distressing video footage.

Nobody came to james Bulger's aid. There was cctv footage of New Yorkers walking past a man who had been stabbed to death. Nobody helped. People get involved in drunken violence every night of the week, passers by keep going. lack of humanity is common across humans, not confined to Indians.

To suggest other wise is plainly racist, which was the whole point of the OP post-and-run style.

A rather nonsensical comment,nobody knew what was about to happen to Bulger ,it was done in seclusion ,so how could anybody have come to his aid ?

Archived