Tribal girl stripped over 'affair', molested by hundreds in Bengal

It's horrific, no doubt, but I don't think you could call it specifically child abuse, as the age of the victim is irrelevant to the incident, I suppose. Female abuse, maybe?

But don't let's try to pretend that something like it wouldn't happen in every country in the known world, if there were remote places where the rule of law was lax and turned a blind eye.

Some people behave worse than any animal ever would if they think they have free rein.

Some people behave worse than any animal ever would if they think they have free rein.

Very true, some of the things that have been done to women & children in modern war zones defies belief, I'm thinking mainly of Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, Vietnam and Afghanistan by men of every religion and hue.

I get the distinct impression that some on here are trying to downplay the incident with the excuse "child abuse happens all over the world".

Not at all, what happened was bloody evil-it was the unnecessary statement in the OP that it only happens in India that's being challenged, as clearly evil things are done to women and children everywhere.

I get the distinct impression that some on here are trying to downplay the incident with the excuse "child abuse happens all over the world".

Child abuse may happen all over the world but usually behind closed doors, “ hundreds of men across 3 villages” and not one of them coming to her help is the worrying thing.

Nobody came to james Bulger's aid. There was cctv footage of New Yorkers walking past a man who had been stabbed to death. Nobody helped. People get involved in drunken violence every night of the week, passers by keep going. lack of humanity is common across humans, not confined to Indians.

To suggest other wise is plainly racist, which was the whole point of the OP post-and-run style.

Child abuse may happen all over the world but usually behind closed doors, “ hundreds of men across 3 villages” and not one of them coming to her help is the worrying thing.
It's not even child abuse, that's a red herring.

It's because there was a female who was perceived as being out of line in a patriarchal society and there were enough perverted men around willing to take advantage of the fact that their society will let them get away with physical and sexual assault in these circumstances.

As I said, don't let's try to pretend it couldn't happen here, and that India is some sort of special case.

SURI: A 17-year-old tribalgirl was stripped, beaten and forced to walk nude for 8km across three villages with hundreds of men molesting her all the way and taking videos on their mobiles. It was a shocking reminder of the Guwahati incident in November 2007 when a teenager was stripped and molested by a mob during an ethnic clash. An MMS clipping of the Birbhum girls ordeal is now doing the rounds under the name 'Adibasi girl'. And it is this footage that is finally getting the victim some justice.

Read more: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Tribal-girl-stripped-over-affair-molested-by-hundreds-in-Bengal/articleshow/6278006.cms

It happens only in India ~ :(

Are you of Pakistani heritage? Your post makes me think you are having a go at India rather than denouncing ethnic violence.

Archived