Whats the best public swimming pool

Zinger549

Originally posted by vidster

It was Sheaf Valley but they pulled it down and stuck a bus station on it :suspect:

Ye!!! sheaf was the best without a dout!!

and healey has to be the worst!!

so the best has to be ponds forge. just started going there myself and its good.

think thats yu best bet

Originally posted by absynthfairy

I'd like to know the answer to this too - is the pool at Heeley Bridge ok? It's my new term resolution to go swimming after school...

Heeley baths are ok, old and basic, but clean.

I used to go to the pool at Norton Sports centre, that was fairly cheap but difficult to get to on public transport and it was always freezing cold (which did encourage you to swim in order to keep warm).

Originally posted by vidster

It was Sheaf Valley but they pulled it down and stuck a bus station on it :suspect:

The Bus Station was built next to Sheaf Valley,the patch of Grass that you can see at the junction is where Sheaf Valley was. It was pulled down when Ponds Forge opened,so if you have to blame someone blame Ponds Forge and not the Bus Station!!

I've just come back from Budapest, and i would love a public baths here like they have there - massive old building, around 15 pools inside ranging from 18degrees to 38dg, plus 3 outdoor swimming pools! The hot ones are heated by underground thermals and are supposed to have healing properties, not sure about that but it was lovely to lie in them!

And Daniel Craig got in the same bath as us, apparently they're filming the latest Spielberg film in Budapest and he's in it!

Bit OT i know but i thought how sorry our baths are compared to theirs!

Archived