Best Pub in Sheffield?

Sandy Lamper

I'm giving a shout out to the recently reopened Blake Hotel at the top of Blake St, Walkley. Had a nice afternoon session in there last week but I'm told it gets very busy most nights - which just shows that people do appreciate proper pubs, with proper beer that are well run!

It depends what you call a decent night out really. The Green Room at the top of Devonshire Green is a decent night on Saturdays from 8PM and is becoming increasingly popular. The DJs plays Mod, Soul, Nothern Soul and Ska sounds so there are good mixture of older and younger people, plus the booze is relatively cheap for the city centre.

The White Lion on Chesterfield Road apparently does good real ale, but I've never been in.

It does, and is full of oldy worldy charm, wooden floors and small secluded rooms as well as the open back room, but the prices are just damn silly, much more expensive than the near by Sheaf View.

It depends what you call a decent night out really. The Green Room at the top of Devonshire Green is a decent night on Saturdays from 8PM and is becoming increasingly popular. The DJs plays Mod, Soul, Nothern Soul and Ska sounds so there are good mixture of older and younger people, plus the booze is relatively cheap for the city centre.

Agreed! :D

I'm giving a shout out to the recently reopened Blake Hotel at the top of Blake St, Walkley. Had a nice afternoon session in there last week but I'm told it gets very busy most nights - which just shows that people do appreciate proper pubs, with proper beer that are well run!

Been in the Blake quite a few times lately and like it muchly - however best pint by a country mile in the area has got to be the Closed Shop on Commonside - pity it costs £2.75 a pint.

Archived