Looking for a proper Funk Night

Calmic

A name worth looking out for is Wall of Balls.

We're residents at Future Funk. Essentially it's a night of two halves. Tends to go all beatsy in the latter half but earlier on we play good solid funk.

Next one is at Bar Matrix this friday (9th Sept) 7.30 til 2ish. Bout £2 in on the door.

And, yes. Flashlight is in our set.

See you there?

Originally posted by Hal_Impaler

We're residents at Future Funk. Essentially it's a night of two halves. Tends to go all beatsy in the latter half but earlier on we play good solid funk.

Next one is at Bar Matrix this friday (9th Sept) 7.30 til 2ish. Bout £2 in on the door.

See you there?

OOhhh....think flashlight might have just swung it for me:cool:

Originally posted by Hal_Impaler

See you there?

Should be a top night, any other forumers fancy it ?

Wow, thanks everyone for all the hints! As soon as my girl gets back from Crete, we'll be checking them out :hihi:

But whoa, Wall of Balls clashes with Soul Food this Friday night... what to do?

Well, the man with the Flashlight has it! You got the funk!

Funk's a funny one...i grew up and was well into the acid jazz scene a few years back and a lot of the funk heavies were rinsed so heavily in the clubs week in week out (and then badly imitated by some of the bands) so i feel like i never need to hear em again. Can't think of the last time i wanted to play my james brown albums....

However this ere fred has got me all funked up so am goin to stick on O'jays "For the love of money" , Kool and the gang "funky stuff" and "Rock creek park" by blackbyrds and see where it takes me...

You funky ****ers

i went to the showroom bar on patternoster row a few fridays ago and they were playing some propper juicy funk and breaks,it nearly killed me,dont know whether its a monthly thing or weekyl?but it was funktified..i'm also looking for a slot on a funk night,also if any funkatiers fancy meetin up in the comming weeks to try any of these nights,..i'm down with that.

ps..is pulp funktion still on at the forum?

Originally posted by Calmic

Bully_Beef, what went wrong with your night at the Orchis, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all mate....

It was a Thursday night (which is always going to be hard to fill), and due to the management being hard to pin down I ended up starting it in the middle of May: The first two weeks were pretty promising, but then all the studes started their exams and no-one came down for three weeks, during which time I lost all my money keeping the club open. Bleaaahh! :gag:

I think my main mistake was starting out with too little cash (and obviously the wrong time of year!).

Anyway, glad to see there are so many headz on here... I would definitely be up for a funkateers meet sometime! :cool:

Superchrome - it's called Crique Du Funk now, but it's pretty similar, only there's a bit more disco & 80s stuff thrown in.

Archived