Ramadan Mubarak - 2010/1431

Ramadan is here so i.d just like to say ramadan mubarak to everyone in sheffield.

Ramadan is not only about staying hungry all but about appreciation for what you have. giving to the needy and an opportunity to become a stronger and better person all round.

This year the fast will start at around 3.40am and end at around 9pm. Almost 17 hours without food or water so good luck.

Almost 17 hours without food or water so good luck.

Indeed, good luck!

It would have been so much easier when Islam was confined to Equatorial countries, though of course harder in Winter!

Is it permitted to get around the fasting by working nights? ;)

Happy Ramadan Kareem/Mubarak I think they both mean the same thing. To all the Sheffielder Muslims out there.....I can imagine it will be tougher this year.

A few of my friends have saved enough of their holidays to jet to the middle east countries where they will be opening their fasts are lot earlier than in the UK & they will have nicer weather!

Ramadan Kareem to everybody.

I'm in the Middle East (UAE) and can say that the weather certainly isn't nicer here unless you think 50c and high humidity is nice weather...

Fasting will be broken around 7pm here when there are loads of ifars (massive buffets) at all the hotels and restaurants:) Even non-Muslims are not allowed to eat or drink in public during the daytime fasting.

PAKS4, Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family. It looks like Eid will fall just after the new College year starts, so there'll be a good deal of excitement and an opportunity for us to celebrate with our students. Our thoughts go to those in the world with so little, while we have so much.

Archived