Ramadan Mubarak - 2010/1431

Forgive my ignorance but why no toothpaste?

Isn't it more about going without food and thus being thankful for what comes later

isn't toothpaste more to do with hygiene. Its not as though you can gain anything foodlike from toothpaste.

again I'm asking from true ignorance

Forgive my ignorance but why no toothpaste?

Isn't it more about going without food and thus being thankful for what comes later

isn't toothpaste more to do with hygiene. Its not as though you can gain anything foodlike from toothpaste.

again I'm asking from true ignorance

it's because toothpaste has a taste to it and can be accidentally swallowed. However before the fast starts and after it has opened most people use toothpaste.

Ramadan is here so i.d just like to say ramadan mubarak to everyone in sheffield.

Ramadan is not only about staying hungry all but about appreciation for what you have. giving to the needy and an opportunity to become a stronger and better person all round.

This year the fast will start at around 3.40am and end at around 9pm. Almost 17 hours without food or water so good luck.

It is unhealthy to go without food and water that long.

really? if you have your tea at five, and your breakfast at nine, that's 16 hours!

Most people would have sleep during that time though. So adding on the extra hours of none eating, you are looking on top of sleep.... You can do the maths.

BTW, I'm not saying it's unhealthy. I don't reallly know about the health aspect of it. Just pointing out about the hoours of sleep and fasting.

Most people would have sleep during that time though. So adding on the extra hours of none eating, you are looking on top of sleep.... You can do the maths.

BTW, I'm not saying it's unhealthy. I don't reallly know about the health aspect of it. Just pointing out about the hoours of sleep and fasting.

it's still the same number of hours, whether you sleep or not.

Archived