St. Josephs R C School Walkley 1956-61

Hi Andy59 is that Andrew O'Dea? This is Andy Cotton whom you name above and if that's you, you went to Rowlinson Tech after St Joes. I remember all the above as well as Catherine Madin, Paul Madin, Graham Madin. I was also in St J's scouts with some of them. Kathleen Connors was a second cousin of mine.

I was a year later with Jane Paige who could have been Annes sister, Morgan Sweeney Michael O'Dea

I went to St Joes from1961 to 1966 and remember walking up to Bolehills to play footy on Mondays when in Miss Browns class. Some of my fellow classmates. Anne Paige Kathleen Conners . Enjoyed my time there.

I didn't go to St Joes but had a number of acquaintances and friends who did. It sounded a fearsome place and I went to De La Salle and saw some horrible things there.

I remember Ann Paige and her cousin(?) Jackie O'Toole though I'm not sure Jackie went to St. Joes. Wasn't Pete Sweeney related to her too?. Kathleen Connors, I remember well because at the time I thought she was stunning looking and had a very attractive personality. I bumped into her many years later in Cole Brothers and she had a partner called Ken (I think). Patrick Boyle I remember- wore glasses. Chris Riley is another name that springs to mind, I remember him fighting Patrick Boyle on one occasion. Not absolutely certain Chris was at St Joes but he knocked around with the same bunch and went on to St Paul's. I wonder what happened to them all?

There are others who I'm still in contact with but who wouldn't thank me for mentioning them on here!

I didn't go to St Joes but had a number of acquaintances and friends who did. It sounded a fearsome place and I went to De La Salle and saw some horrible things there.

I remember Ann Paige and her cousin(?) Jackie O'Toole though I'm not sure Jackie went to St. Joes. Wasn't Pete Sweeney related to her too?. Kathleen Connors, I remember well because at the time I thought she was stunning looking and had a very attractive personality. I bumped into her many years later in Cole Brothers and she had a partner called Ken (I think). Patrick Boyle I remember- wore glasses. Chris Riley is another name that springs to mind, I remember him fighting Patrick Boyle on one occasion. Not absolutely certain Chris was at St Joes but he knocked around with the same bunch and went on to St Paul's. I wonder what happened to them all?

There are others who I'm still in contact with but who wouldn't thank me for mentioning them on here!

Annes cousin was Josie Toole she was in the hockey team with me at St Pauls

I went to De la Salle as well, in 1966.

Annes cousin was Josie Toole she was in the hockey team with me at St Pauls

That's funny! I used to mix her name up back then as well. I knew a Jackie O'Toole at the same time. Thanks for the correction

I went to De la Salle as well, in 1966.

We'd have overlapped by a year, I left in '67.

That's funny! I used to mix her name up back then as well. I knew a Jackie O'Toole at the same time. Thanks for the correction

We'd have overlapped by a year, I left in '67.

That's ok. Remembered her because her cousin Jane was my friend. Josie was a year younger than me. She was friendly with a girl called Mary Maloney, her brother was a pub landlord (Patrick) can't remember the pub it was on Solly street.

That's ok. Remembered her because her cousin Jane was my friend. Josie was a year younger than me. She was friendly with a girl called Mary Maloney, her brother was a pub landlord (Patrick) can't remember the pub it was on Solly street.

That's right, Patrick went on to become landlord of the White Hart on St. Philips Road I believe. Don't know if he still is, he must be near retirement age now. Wasn't there another brother, Michael?

Funny how old memories stir

That's right, Patrick went on to become landlord of the White Hart on St. Philips Road I believe. Don't know if he still is, he must be near retirement age now. Wasn't there another brother, Michael?

Funny how old memories stir

Possibly I don't remember him. There was a few of them. Patrick was 2yrs older than me think he will have retired. Mary went into nursing. She was a lovely girl!

• 5 years later...

Andy Cotton said:

'Did anyone know Jan Wojtuski or John Grant? I still know them but haven't been in touch for years.

All the best to everyone.'

I remember Jan. I also remember other names mentioned above, Ann Paige, Tim Hale   (didn't he have a sister?).

I joined at J3 and left at J4 so was only ever taught by Miss Brown, apart from Miss Peirrus for basket weaving.

Andy Cotton was a year above me and has made contact

Richard Madin has made contact and I remember Katherine

I live near John Mumford and see him regularly (every 2 years or so :)

Other Names I remember but not in contact with: Mick Cummings, Sean Coleman, Terry Walsh, Geraldine Elmer ...

Brian Robinson His Dad ran the Scouts pre: Brendan Gormley. 

Does anybody remember the Sound of Music trip ?

What about the Belgium trip where we all got wet at Waterloo and got steamed up (in more ways than one) in the coach?

Be well everybody.

J

Edited by Owens88
spelling and name addition