Does Sheffield Forum reflect..

its the same "****" bashing thats gone on since the 70s

That's what annoys the hell out of me, the incredible ignorance of the fact that Islam is a religion whose followers are not all from Pakistan, or even from the Indian subconinent, but are of many skin tones and nationalities, and yet the dumb racists havent managed to process this, and simply equate being muslim with having a brown face.

I'm no fan of Islam, just as I'm no fan of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, sikhism, or even seventh day advent hoppism!

My deepest sadness is that as a race ( and I'm referring to the human race here) we havent managed to free ourselves from the shackles of organised religion and embrace the ever so simple but seemingly unfathomable concept that faith is individual, it's a contract between you, and whatever you choose to believe, whether that is a single creator, a polytheistic group of deities, or a flying spaghetti monster, even ( hush dare I say it?) none of the above. To live life being dictated to about every aspect of life based upon texts written by men, hundreds if not thousands of years ago, is surely folly?

I've said it before but it bears repeating incessantly until maybe someone gets it, the only credo anyone needs comes down to two simple but beautiful words.

Be Nice!

to all of you, go in peace, be happy, and be nice. x

Muslim prisoners complained of having to sit sideways on toilets so as to not break code. Faith leaders in the government pressured officials to approve turning the toilets 90 degrees.[/i]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1061051/Londons-Olympic-Park-toilets-turn-away-Mecca-respect-Islamic-law.html

I wish the anti Muslim brigade would make their minds up, the previous consensus was that Muslims didn't even sit down to use the loo..ah but this is the Daily Mail ;)

Toilet facilities are being built at London's Olympic Park so Muslims will not have to face Mecca while sitting on the loo.

If Muslims cant bear looking towards Mecca why dont they go to Gala for their bingo instead.

Why the Bingo should put someone off going to the toliet is beyond me .

Oh well , they say it takes all sorts .

That's what annoys the hell out of me, the incredible ignorance of the fact that Islam is a religion whose followers are not all from Pakistan, or even from the Indian subconinent, but are of many skin tones and nationalities, and yet the dumb racists havent managed to process this, and simply equate being muslim with having a brown face.

I'm no fan of Islam, just as I'm no fan of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, sikhism, or even seventh day advent hoppism!

My deepest sadness is that as a race ( and I'm referring to the human race here) we havent managed to free ourselves from the shackles of organised religion and embrace the ever so simple but seemingly unfathomable concept that faith is individual, it's a contract between you, and whatever you choose to believe, whether that is a single creator, a polytheistic group of deities, or a flying spaghetti monster, even ( hush dare I say it?) none of the above. To live life being dictated to about every aspect of life based upon texts written by men, hundreds if not thousands of years ago, is surely folly?

I've said it before but it bears repeating incessantly until maybe someone gets it, the only credo anyone needs comes down to two simple but beautiful words.

Be Nice!

..amen to that brother

Be Nice!

I wholeheartedly agree. :)

Some people just like to see their trolling words up on screen though - it gives them a sense of importance. Quite sad really.

Be Nice!

Well said. :)

Some folks can't go if there's a full house ;)

That reminds me of this complete non-story that got all the tabloids worked up about muslims blacking out all the windows in a swimming pool.

It turned out with a little investigation that a damaged modesty screen was to be replaced by translucent screen.

This is the Now Shows take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecS0eou_gH0&feature=player_embedded

That reminds me of this complete non-story that got all the tabloids worked up about muslims blacking out all the windows in a swimming pool.

It turned out with a little investigation that a damaged modesty screen was to be replaced by translucent screen.

This is the Now Shows take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecS0eou_gH0&feature=player_embedded

I remember the story Wildcat, there was a lively thread that ran here.

The Now Show account should be required listening for all those tempted by these stories

On what Sheffield people are really like?

If so, god (who doesn't exist) help Muslims!

I recently returned to Sheffield and all I seem to have come across is negativity towards Muslims.

If we all were the same, Earth would be a very boring place.

I hear so many English folk say "Muslims do not integrate". From what I have witnessed it is the non Muslims that feel threatened and exclude the Muslims. Judgements are instantly made purely on faith! Ridiculous. Sheffield needs to get with the times.

Good day.

I think Sheffield is far better than the Barnsley's and Rotherham's of this world but what you've got to remember is Sheffield is in an area of the country with a higher than average level of ignorance and bigotry towards ethnic minorities in general. I do not live in Sheffield anymore and I'm not from there originally but went to secondary school and college there. It's not the most Islamaphobic or bigoted place in the uk but it definately has an irrational fear of anything ethnic minority especially Muslim.

Archived