Does Sheffield Forum reflect..

If you mean glibbly let others be oppressed in the name of "open mindedness", no I can't.

If you mean accept that "other cultures" which are "equally valid" might kill the odd daughter for wearing makeup or looking at the wrong boy, no I can't.

If you mean accept that in a nation which has done more to advance genuine human rights that any other we should just roll over and accept that if someone mentions islam they get to call the shots acording to some 7th century brigands moral code rather than English law, no I can't.

If that's a matter of censure for you then your moral compass was bought from the same place the unmissed dour Scotsman's was.

you just cant do it

split the individual from the religion, its just one big stereotype

you just cant do it

split the individual from the religion, its just one big stereotype

Can you read?

Everything i have posted has specifically split the indivual from the religion.

Some individuals are victims of islam. Some are perpetrators of islam. Both will say "i am muslim". There is a huge difference between the two and i consistently recognise this.

Can you read?

Everything i have posted has specifically split the indivual from the religion.

Some individuals are victims of islam. Some are perpetrators of islam. Both will say "i am muslim". There is a huge difference between the two and i consistently recognise this.

and "some" people in islam are niether victims or perpetrators

You mean the silent majority. Like the silent majority of baathists or nazis or maoists.

They know who calls the shots, they know who gets directly victimised and if it's not them then they are happy to aquiese to the system if it is not targeting them at that moment.

Well in any system like nazism or maoism or islam they are still victims. Their actions are molded by fear, by false loyalty, by economic factors, by desire to conform etc which does not allow them to follow their own free thoughs, they must conform to the borg..be it islam or nazism or whatever, in order to live life unmolested.

You mean the silent majority. Like the silent majority of baathists or nazis or maoists.

They know who calls the shots, they know who gets directly victimised and if it's not them then they are happy to aquiese to the system if it is not targeting them at that moment.

Well in any system like nazism or maoism or islam they are still victims. Their actions are molded by fear, by false loyalty, by economic factors, by desire to conform etc which does not allow them to follow their own free thoughs, they must conform to the borg..be it islam or nazism or whatever, in order to live life unmolested.

hmm, a very valid point.

And what do you call the disgusting spectacle going on in Iran at this very moment under the banner od Islam?

Where are the muslims of Sheffield when this woman is being mentaly tortured on a daily basis?

Why aren't they out on the streets as they would have been over a cartoon or a book.

As icon76 quite correctly pointed out you'll soon become a victim if you try to leave Islam and the perpetrator will be a follower of Islam.

which is also just like everything, the fear of conforming, the fear of economic factors etc etc

but after all that you know i didnt mean victims in this way, i was refering to the issues people like you ALWAYS bring up, the burkas, the genital mutilation etc etc

things some people like i said arent victims or perpetrators off, not as many as you and your ilk would have us believe

And what do you call the disgusting spectacle going on in Iran at this very moment under the banner od Islam?

Where are the muslims of Sheffield when this woman is being mentaly tortured on a daily basis?

Why aren't they out on the streets as they would have been over a cartoon or a book.

As icon76 quite correctly pointed out you'll soon become a victim if you try to leave Islam and the perpetrator will be a follower of Islam.

and yet again you turn one piece of oppression perpetrated by EXTREME muslims and use it against everybody else

and yet again you turn one piece of oppression perpetrated by EXTREME muslims and use it against everybody else

Rubbish the kind of treatment this woman is subjected to is commonplace in muslim countrys be it acid in the face for a schoolgirl in Afghanistan to stonings, beatings, executions etc all across the Muslim world.

So if my views reflect poorly on Sheffield according to you and some of the Westernerphobes on here so be it.

Rubbish the kind of treatment this woman is subjected to is commonplace in muslim countrys be it acid in the face for a schoolgirl in Afghanistan to stonings, beatings, executions etc all across the Muslim world.

So if my views reflect poorly on Sheffield according to you and some of the Westernerphobes on here so be it.

which again are all extreme acts perpetrated by extremists, does your local taxi driver or shop keeper do..........or even support them?

you lot just cannot seperate the extremes from the rest.or refuse to

Archived