Too much rubbish for your wheelie bins?

There are two of us, and we put in one carrier bag worth of rubbish in the black bin per week. A really bad week is two carrier bags.

I'm mystified what the hell some of our neighbours find to put in their bins. There are two of three who can't get the lids shut on a weekley basis. What on earth are they putting in them?

We unfortunately fill our black bin on most occasions, on some occasions i even have to take 2 or 3 bags to the tip. We are only a family of two. I assume it's simply the volume of stuff we buy.

I try to buy items in glass or card containers, but as yet haven't found anywhere local to dispose of milk cartons or pop bottles, which fill a couple of black bags. Then we have the recycled newspaper with the pet droppings on.

How?

Do you own a recycling plant?

Its not rocket science,i squash them up bag them up and take them to a recycle point at a supermarket.Iam sure even you could do it if you tried hard.

,i squash them up bag them up and take them to a recycle point at a supermarket.

So someone else does the recycling for you then.

All you do is package it up.

Iam sure even you could do it if you tried hard.

'sup, not getting any:rolleyes:.

Could i just ask those who recycle or store it an take it the recycle bins -where do you keep the piles of stuff? I've contemplated that but we don't have room where they won't impose on the household.

Our blue bin for the paper lives in the garage. We don't have the box thingummys yet, so the other stuff is compressed into carrier bags (which we reuse), and lives in the porch until the next trip to the supermarket.

Could i just ask those who recycle or store it an take it the recycle bins -where do you keep the piles of stuff? I've contemplated that but we don't have room where they won't impose on the household.

We keep all the recycling boxes, bags etc in the garage and I do appreciate that not everyone has a garage which makes it difficult for storing. However, when I didn't have a garage I still recycled but stored it outside which isn't ideal I know.

but as yet haven't found anywhere local to dispose of milk cartons or pop bottles, which fill a couple of black bags. Then we have the recycled newspaper with the pet droppings on.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in local council recycling schemes.

Cheshire wouldn't take certain recycable items, yet Wirral has a "bung em all in the black bin and we'll recycle it" policy.

And our colours are different - black is recyclable waste, green is regular refuse and brown for garden!

Archived