Too much rubbish for your wheelie bins?

I have the equivalent of one full black bin liner per week. That is for me, and my little one. I could not believe how much it reduced when I became more 'aware' and conscientious (sp?). All it takes is a little thought, at first, and then you start to recycle automatically, and think about everything you are putting in to your bins. No excuse these days. We have so many facilities for recycling. It really doesn't take too much effort. Well, none at all, now that we have our own blue bins etc. I suggest to avoid buying pre-packaged foods. Makes a hell of a difference.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in local council recycling schemes.

Cheshire wouldn't take certain recycable items, yet Wirral has a "bung em all in the black bin and we'll recycle it" policy.

And our colours are different - black is recyclable waste, green is regular refuse and brown for garden!

i was in blackpool untill last year there scheme was:

black bin general waste

green bin cardboard and garden waste

blue bin paper

red bin tins

black box glass

green box plastic bottles

blue bags textiles

no one on the estate i lived on had a garage and the gardens were small so half the bins got stored in front gardens the bin men were overly picky (ie if you left a bottle lid on they bould take it out the box and leave it at roadside)

i am hopeing it doesn't go the same way here as it was just to confusing took up way to much room to store all the bins the collections were confusing, ie, black bin collected every 2 weeks red bin the alternate 2 weeks to them the blue bin the first tuesday of the months and green bin every second tuesday and cant even remember the rest

Archived