Digital Camera. Very scary.

I thought she said she'd formatted it several times....missed that post...sorry..

I've done both. I went to Donington and Glastonbury and completely filled the card both times. None of that has reappeared. The card has been formatted around 20 times. When I took it in there were about 50 unopenable photos on the media and initially these proved non recoverable. However after running some so called special software overnight the card in now full with 740 photographs, of which perhaps half a dozen are scrambled including a couple from last weekend. Well worth a bottle of Chardonay.:cool::)

The images are on your memory card so why should that stop you selling you cameras, just take the memory card out likewise with your computer if it worries you take out the hard drive before you dump it.

I smashed my hard drive to bits with a hammer, a but OTT I know but no one will be reading that again. :hihi:

I recall listening to a radio programme many years ago about a forensics guy, who did work for the police and HMRC, who could recover all sorts of stuff from "destroyed" hard drives. This included smashed with a hammer.

This is when I had my "foxy lady eureka moment" and realised that if you don't want data to be discovered, probably best not have it on storage media in the first place. Paul Gadd could have learnt a valuable lesson if he listened to this programme, but then again he didn't even try to hide his incriminating evidence did he. :loopy:

I recall listening to a radio programme many years ago about a forensics guy, who did work for the police and HMRC, who could recover all sorts of stuff from "destroyed" hard drives. This included smashed with a hammer.

Well i was wrong once before 1987 i think it was :hihi: but i find that hard to believe.

Archived