Thr Prince of Wales, Carterknowle Road

sarah1976

Verona - just to let you know, the Cherry have now been granted a refurb and hope to have it done by the end of this year. Hope it will get you back through those doors!

That will be great. I don't mind paying a little more for drinks if the surroundings are nice.

I will be back in and it's a bonus because they also let kids in. Can't wait to give it a try.

• 1 year later...

Anyone still go in I imagine they must still be doing ok as no signs of another change still makes me laugh the way they put wine glasses on every table I assume to give the impression it's for diners rather than drinkers but every time I go past even at the weekends it seems almost empty yet the greystones is usually busy with ex regulars!

it used to be my local but never go anymore, hate how it's trying to be 'restaurant' more than pub, the foods okay but bit pricey so they are failing there and it's terrible for going in for a pint.

Hopefully it'll change back to a proper pub one day!

it used to be my local but never go anymore, hate how it's trying to be 'restaurant' more than pub, the foods okay but bit pricey so they are failing there and it's terrible for going in for a pint.

Hopefully it'll change back to a proper pub one day!

Yes hope so I don't know anybody who goes there regularly now.

Archived