Advice needed. (new relationship)

If I may offer an update;

Firstly in response to some of the posts, I do not think I'm being clingy or over-available. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well, but my only problem is I'm trying to understand why someone I've known and spoken to regularly over a long period of time has suddenly gone shy. I don't think this is an unreasonable query, ANYONE would also want to know the same thing, whether you've been married to them for 10 years or friends with them or whatever.

I'm not saying we have problems - I don't think that we do - I'm just not experienced in dealing with people who are not heart-on-sleeve types and so was asking for other peoples experiences in how to bring him out of his shell :)

As it is, he was nothing short of lovely last night. I don't think he reads this forum, so maybe its coincidence. It was just what I wanted, a bit of banter and to be told he's looking forward to our next date (probably the week after next as we're both really busy) as much as I am. It's all a girl needs to make her swoon!!!

As long as this carries on and we don't run out of things to talk about, I will be one very happy lady.

Thanks for all the replies, it added a few dimensions that I hadn't previously thought about. Very glad I asked :)

If I may offer an update;

Firstly in response to some of the posts, I do not think I'm being clingy or over-available. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well, but my only problem is I'm trying to understand why someone I've known and spoken to regularly over a long period of time has suddenly gone shy. I don't think this is an unreasonable query, ANYONE would also want to know the same thing, whether you've been married to them for 10 years or friends with them or whatever.

I'm not saying we have problems - I don't think that we do - I'm just not experienced in dealing with people who are not heart-on-sleeve types and so was asking for other peoples experiences in how to bring him out of his shell :)

As it is, he was nothing short of lovely last night. I don't think he reads this forum, so maybe its coincidence. It was just what I wanted, a bit of banter and to be told he's looking forward to our next date (probably the week after next as we're both really busy) as much as I am. It's all a girl needs to make her swoon!!!

As long as this carries on and we don't run out of things to talk about, I will be one very happy lady.

Thanks for all the replies, it added a few dimensions that I hadn't previously thought about. Very glad I asked :)

Good stuff and I hope that it works out for you both.

I think that it is very wise to take things slowly and not live in one another's pockets, particularly in circumstances such as these when there is a history of a platonic friendship. 'Only fools rush in' so the lyric goes.

Even though you have known one another for 9 years, be prepared for a few surprises along the way; you never really truly get to know someone until you're in a relationship with them.

Archived