Swimming Pools - Which one is the best?

Originally posted by Jamie

I now go to ponds forge ... isn't quite the same !!! ... but the pool is nice and big and deep ... and seems to have about 10% the chlorine content of the heeley pool.

How much does it cost?

Last time I went to the pool in Eckington ... I think it was £1.50.

I am a fitness unlimited member, so I pay a flat monthly fee (£23 for me) ... and I can use the facilities at the 4 SIV sports centers (well ... I only use hillsborough and ponds forge personally).

So I get fitness classes, yoga, gym, swimming (and soon running club) ... all for £23 / month.

Not sure how much swimming is for non-members at ponds forge ... might be as much as £3.60 (guess).

Many moons ago I used to go to Upperthorpe baths and the old Hillsborough baths (which is now the Deep End pub), nowadays I use Ponds Forge and Hillsborough Leisure Centre.

I get in for just short of 3 quid though cos I have one of those Slice cards.

Originally posted by caprice

That's really good value for money!!!! Do you have to sign up for a year or anything?

Hi Caprice,

I think it's £25 when you first join and goes down £1 every year.

I am quite sure you can cancel at any time ... but you have to pay by direct debit ...

They may still have an offer on ... you got 3 months free (during a 12 month period).

Archived