Acid attack on child

Little as I wish to be perceived as bickering with you, why shouldn't he? To me silence implies assent.

I'm obviously not so much of a mind reader as you are, in that I'm unable to impute motives to random unknown people. And much as I might wish to, going on uppercut's postings I'm not sure I could label him with any certainty as being a right-thinking person.

However, no matter how much I managed to get out and about, the idea that throwing acid into anyone's face, let alone a child, is a good way to deal with a perceived problem still would not sit well with me. In fact, it's just as barbaric as cutting off their noses and ears.

Of course it is and that's my point. I think it's utterly reasonable to assume that you won't find anyone on here who would say otherwise, nor indeed believe otherwise. It's implicit that people would condemn such actions.

So, and I address this to the OP, what?

If a thread is nothing more than people queuing up to say 'I agree' it's pretty useless isn't it?

What further comment does the OP have to make? What does he suggest?

What next - a thread entitled 'Buggering kittens and roasting them alive over a fire made of babies - dreadful?'

Ok, girls getting acid chucked in their faces is horrible.

Now where?

I agree it is horrible.

Girls get this sort of treatment for things like going to school.

I agree that what the Americans and the British did was bad but I fail to see how we and our allies treated suspected terrorist can be compared to young girls getting acid chucked in their faces.

thankyou for that heart felt comment. what needs to happen is pressure needs to be applied by those with influance to stop this utterly barbaric practice. it should not be ignored or banned as a debate, out of fear of being offensive.

i note you ignore this halibutt

I agree that what the Americans and the British did was bad but I fail to see how we and our allies treated suspected terrorist can be compared to young girls getting acid chucked in their faces.

..fill yer boots with details of this particularly unedifying event

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/09/world/middleeast/09green.html

Evil or the potential for it exists everywhere.

Children having acid thrown in their faces is despicable and evil at it's highest, but it's about sick individuals-it doesn't say anything about a group of people any more than an American solider raping and murdering people says about American solidiers-they're all wrong uns and if the boundaries of civilised behaviour are eroded it illustrates that people are capable of almost anything.

i note you ignore this halibutt

I didn't see it till after my previous post. I have the good manners to spell your name correctly, perhaps you would be kind enough to extend the same courtesy.

I take it you have written to your MP already? Or perhaps there are human rights groups working inside Afghanistan that would welcome your support.

Ok, girls getting acid chucked in their faces is horrible.

Now where?

Not a good response Halibut. It clearly makes you sound like you are insensitive to the situation other people who are not as fortunate to live in a democratic society are in.

Very sad.

I didn't see it till after my previous post. I have the good manners to spell your name correctly, perhaps you would be kind enough to extend the same courtesy.

I take it you have written to your MP already? Or perhaps there are human rights groups working inside Afghanistan that would welcome your support.

yes ive done that and more, what you going to do?

He's not condemned it though, not even in passing.

Does every post on a thread like this have to start off with "I comdemn this....." then ?

I just assume that everyone condems this action, why would you think otherwise ?

Just for the record (and Rubydazzler), I comndemn this.

..fill yer boots with details of this particularly unedifying event

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/09/world/middleeast/09green.html

Evil or the potential for it exists everywhere.

Children having acid thrown in their faces is despicable and evil at it's highest, but it's about sick individuals-it doesn't say anything about a group of people any more than an American solider raping and murdering people says about American solidiers-they're all wrong uns and if the boundaries of civilised behaviour are eroded it illustrates that people are capable of almost anything.

This is not uncommon, in fact it has happened throughout all wars and conflicts and in situations where groups of people have been oppressed (American plantations in the south, concentration camps, Nazi and Japanese occupation etc). It is despicable, we are reminded daily of the dark side of human nature and the cruelties that humans inflict on their fellow beings.:mad:

Archived