Acid attack on child

Not a good response Halibut. It clearly makes you sound like you are insensitive to the situation other people who are not as fortunate to live in a democratic society are in.

Very sad.

I disagree, his post was in response to the chest beating and mock indignation that embraces some people when they're highlighting the less laudable activities of a minority of wicked people, who happen to be Muslims.

The OP could have picked out examples of such behaviour from all societies, religions and races but the current obsession appears to be them Muslims-in my opinion it's just a tawdry attempt to stir up antagonism against this group of people-the interests of the victim are secondary to that intent.

I disagree, his post was in response to the chest beating and mock indignation that embraces some people when they're highlighting the less laudable activities of a minority of wicked people, who happen to be Muslims.

The OP could have picked out examples of such behaviour from all societies, religions and races but the current obsession appears to be them Muslims-in my opinion it's just a tawdry attempt to stir up antagonism against this group of people-the interests of the victim are secondary to that intent.

Ok. In my opinion he sounded like he was brushing it aside like a spoilt kid on xmas morning with two many pressies to open.

This is not uncommon, in fact it has happened throughout all wars and conflicts and in situations where groups of people have been oppressed (American plantations in the south, concentration camps, Nazi and Japanese occupation etc). It is despicable, we are reminded daily of the dark side of human nature and the cruelties that humans inflict on their fellow beings.:mad:

Very true, I was reading about the Yugoslavian conflict last week, and it still amazes me that neighbours who had lived together for many years could commit the vilest acts of depravity against each other-these were just ordinary folk, not soldiers or militia.

It makes you wonder how much hatred you would have to harvest and what would have to be done to you before you could behave in a similar way, but I don't doubt it's entirely possible.

Ok. In my opinion he sounded like he was brushing it aside like a spoilt kid on xmas morning with two many pressies to open.

..don't mean to speak for him norks, but it sounded more like he didn't want to buy into the real reasons for the OP. His support of human rights is well known here.

..don't mean to speak for him norks, but it sounded more like he didn't want to buy into the real reasons for the OP. His support of human rights is well known here.

fair enough but its still not what it sounded like to me.

Whilst I understand what Halibut and boyfriday are saying, I also think that rubydazzler make a valid observation too.

Yes, further comment is redundant since we all know that such evil actions are disgusting.

Yes, we all know that the potential for such evil exists everywhere.

But, how much evil in this world is fuelled by an us v them attitude? Quite a bit I would suggest. I have no doubt that many horrible actions are fully understood to be horrible by the perpetrators, but justified by the twisted logic that it's no worse than them others, or revenge for what them others did.

Uppercut's opening remarks were less than helpful.

Very true, I was reading about the Yugoslavian conflict last week, and it still amazes me that neighbours who had lived together for many years could commit the vilest acts of depravity against each other-these were just ordinary folk, not soldiers or militia.

It makes you wonder how much hatred you would have to harvest and what would have to be done to you before you could behave in a similar way, but I don't doubt it's entirely possible.

I've heard some horrific stories of systematic mass rape during the Yugoslavian conflict. It just further bolsters the generally widely accepted view that rape is about power and hate and not sex.

Thanks, BF. Norks, of course I deplore this kind of violence - as much as I deplore those who wish to promote the kind of intolerance, fear and hatred that can give rise to it.

Archived