Acid attack on child

Wouldn't worry about it Suff, seems the OP has lost the plot-big time :hihi:

Totally agree, we have a basic set of parameters that we conform to, but I believe ultimately our behaviour is only moderated by the boundaries the state imposes.

If you read the vigilante thread-normal, I guess law abiding people are describing acts of violence that they would enact on their fellow citizens for committing various crimes-no judge, no jury..just summary justice.

If rational people can think like that in the cold light of day, the mind boggles at what those less constrained could do in the heat of the moment or if they believed justice hadn't been done.

Blimey BF, we agree on something - at long last!:D

It's interesting isn't it (well, I think so)? It is believed that what separates us from the animal kindgom is the human conscience, which is absent in sociopaths. None of us really knows what we're capable of in a given set of circumstances, I would for example, fight to the death to defend my children.

The post-traumatic stress and other associated disorders which manifest in many who have been involved in conflict is not only the result of the horrors and atrocities that they have witnessed, but those they have carried out. I will never ever forget the launch of Desert Storm when Americans and British fighter pilots were interviewed after the 1st sortie. There was a stark and frankly disturbing difference between the Brits who were visibly shaken and the Americans, who were buoyed up in what I assume to be an adrenalin fuelled state.

As for the vigilante thread, I have posted on that. I do think that many of the views on there are wishful thinking (she says optimistically).

Blimey BF, we agree on something - at long last!:D
Used to be ever thus our t'lass, until your head was turned by the bright lights and sensational promises of debauchery elsewhere ;)

It's interesting isn't it (well, I think so)? It is believed that what separates us from the animal kindgom is the human conscience, which is absent in sociopaths. None of us really knows what we're capable of in a given set of circumstances, I would for example, fight to the death to defend my children.

Interestingly enough the instinct to defend our children is more animal than human. Off the top of my head I can't think of any mammalian animals who sexually assault and gratuitously abuse the offspring they're responsible for-it seems to be a unique human quality.

As for the vigilante thread, I have posted on that. I do think that many of the views on there are wishful thinking (she says optimistically).

I don't share your optimism Suff..(I knew it wouldn't last long) :D

I do not believe for one minute that the usual suspects condemn this at all.

In fact, I think they find it perfect for thier twisted minds and agendas.

Weird and horrible individuals threy are.

this is to me (as a muslim) offensive. just becuase in the vast majority of cases its muslim men who throw acid into the faces of muslim female school girls. does not mean the practice has anything to do with faith.

this is to me (as a muslim) offensive. just becuase in the vast majority of cases its muslim men who throw acid into the faces of muslim female school girls. does not mean the practice has anything to do with faith.

What is?

Your comment or mine?

Used to be ever thus our t'lass, until your head was turned by the bright lights and sensational promises of debauchery elsewhere ;)

Interestingly enough the instinct to defend our children is more animal than human. Off the top of my head I can't think of any mammalian animals who sexually assault and gratuitously abuse the offspring they're responsible for-it seems to be a unique human quality.

I don't share your optimism Suff..(I knew it wouldn't last long) :D

Bright lights? Am I a Mogwai? Debauchery? What have I been missing? :D

There are plenty of mammals who do kill their young (some eat them:gag:) although I'm not sure whether primates do or not. Here's some info, which I've skimmed.

I think that we're all intrinsically tribal beings and are shaped by our respective cultures. We believe ourselves to have evolved into a highly civilised species, however, the daily horrors we hear about are proof that this is not the case.

Maybe I'll take up anthropology instead of ironing?

I laughed out loud at this, who are you kidding? What kind of bizarre trip are you on?

I hope that your fasting is going well, by the way.:thumbsup:

Archived