Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

to pacman 123 --- Sharonhepple did live on Aughton lane --- i Lived on Lovetot and if Im correct you are Alan C and you lived across from the Sibleys ??? you and Geoff Transfered to Manton and I spent many evenings with your dad Walt in the Rosegarth

Hi Sharon you do know me we spoke quite a few times when you were younger,

also I was at school with your Uncle steve, I know most of your family from Dinno when they lived on the Crescent and had the Ponderosa

Sorry to Hear about your Dad I have many fond memories of him (all Nice) when we were Onsetters together in the WW Inset we used to play crib most of the Shift to pass time on and at the end of the week the loser had to buy the other a Half Ounce of bacca,, and many a time I used to spend a lunch time with him in the Rosegarth playing 5's and 3s

I have Ginger Hair and called at your house on Aughton Lane a few times so you may remember me, I think the last time I saw you was around 20 or so years ago and if I remember correctly you were in some kind of Dormobile / Camper Van outside the tv shop just above Maggies

Edited by BUSTEDSOFA

to pacman 123 --- Sharonhepple did live on Aughton lane --- i Lived on Lovetot and if Im correct you are Alan C and you lived across from the Sibleys ??? you and Geoff Transfered to Manton and I spent many evenings with your dad Walt in the Rosegarth

I got ya Bob i think lol,been a long time.

yesssssss thats me alright" Ahhh monty and nelly from the rosegarth i did feel sorry for her she didnt half have to put up with some crap at times.We lived at 155 aston lane.Ive been left swall for near on 25 years now i do have some fond flash backs of the old times and some not so good LOL.Yes my dads side of the family did come from dinnington and yes we loved to get down on to the ranch to hitch a ride on the horses selling sticks on the way back home it was a ride in the wheelbarrow with barry pushing we thought we had walked miles. If we had been good uncle bill took us to langold lake. Ahhh the memories... Regards Sharon.

yesssssss thats me alright" Ahhh monty and nelly from the rosegarth i did feel sorry for her she didnt half have to put up with some crap at times.We lived at 155 aston lane.Ive been left swall for near on 25 years now i do have some fond flash backs of the old times and some not so good LOL.Yes my dads side of the family did come from dinnington and yes we loved to get down on to the ranch to hitch a ride on the horses selling sticks on the way back home it was a ride in the wheelbarrow with barry pushing we thought we had walked miles. If we had been good uncle bill took us to langold lake. Ahhh the memories... Regards Sharon.

Nice to hear you are OK and doing well i Suppose your Steve knows me a lot better than you will

I realy do remember you i had to use my gray matter lol dunt" work that good on a sunday but got there in the end.Not many of the Brooks clan left now 4 out of 9 dunt look to good for Barry hes in a bad way according to what our stephen has told mum and shes passed on to me.We live out Barnsley way i love it so very friendly. Thanks for the reply its nice to look back from time to time .regards sharon.

yesssssss thats me alright" Ahhh monty and nelly from the rosegarth i did feel sorry for her she didnt half have to put up with some crap at times.We lived at 155 aston lane.Ive been left swall for near on 25 years now i do have some fond flash backs of the old times and some not so good LOL.

my adopted mum and dad...lol yep we had some good times in those day's,has been a very long time sharon memory a bit gone but can't remember you leaving Aston...oh well...lol

• 1 month later...

Hi i worked from 1970 to 1994 had the best time of my working life

what great bunch of lads . Worked on haulage then did my coal face training

at silverwood . worked on s04 tailgate rip so6 TG rip so2 main shearer

so7 double ended shearer so4 main shearer in the swollow wood seam

.Then went into the wathwood inset onto 21s face that was like going

back in time after that i went to be a deputy. Know all the lads named its just putting faces to them its bean a long time now like to meet with some of lads and have drink like we used to do friday nights off afters what memorys ps i think Bustedsofa is Bob Lloyde.

Edited by Coal Getter