Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i was just comin off the district on that evening , think it was bob earp who bandaged him up , i remember the pic in sun newspaper of him with the steel cage on his face , to fix all the smashed up bones , he had a plastic budgie perched on it lol ..... i think he went insurance selling once he were mended , not seen him for donkeys years now tho

Kevin Presley was with me at the time. i remember him in the plough in catcliffe with the cage and budgie.he got me a beer for stopping the belt.i was just glad he was alive.by the way do you remember me mick caster :hihi:

• 4 months later...

Hi

My dad worked at treeton for over 30 years Ernest Heath,as did I for 7 years

He worked in the headings with ruff alf, jimmy south and dave carpenter, I was one of the stone dust lads working with billy broadbent

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

My uncle Horace smith worked a Brookhouse from mid 40s till he took redundancy around time of strike 84..

My dad worked at fence workshop from 79-89 , then went to shafton 89-92 think was cable repairer also union rep I think hope some of you know either of them .My dad was Frank Blundy...

• 6 months later...

Does anybody here know Steve (Stephen) Thompson personally? (he's in the list in the huge list of workers)

Date of birth 13th June 1951.

Father was/is Ernest Albert Thompson a.k.a "Porky"

Mother was Doreen Thompson.

I'm looking for him as he is my father.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by JudeWilson

• 4 weeks later...

I worked at Treeton Colliery from 1950 to 1955 and I remember many of the men who worked there at this time as follows.Billy Nichols,Training Officer,Lou Harper,Undermanager of the Barnsley Seam.Harold Manship,Safety Officer.Louis Thomas Unit Surveyor.Tony Strickland,Surveyors Office.Fred Higgingbottom (Young Vulcan,wrestler) Blacksmith.Dick Haywood.Pit Bath Attendent and his son Eric who worked underground.Percy Beech,in charge of all underground conveyors.Tom Shinwell worked underground with the bricklayer,was a prisoner of war in Japanes hands.Slasher,collier E Wall,won the Military Medal during the second world war.My memories of my time there are good memories.