Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

Classicfan

My knowledge of motorcycles is zero now

My uncle had a Scott Clubman 650cc back in 1946 -1950 - I still have a photo - registered number was FOE 593. He often rode it from Swallownest to the village of Fortuneswell on Portland Bill, near Weymouth, to see his girl friend Elsie, his wife from October 1947

They both died in 2015 aged 94

I have an employee, (aged 59), here in Malaysia who is a motorcycle fan - he has a Honda Shaddow and a BMW touring bike. He prefers the bikes to his MPV 

With his wife they frequently have weekends in Thailand or Singapore with their BMW - I have a photo of the bikes

If you would like any copies of the photos please send me your e mail address as a private message

Best Regards - Victor

• 10 months later...

I recently found this forum while thinking about Treeton pit.  I started working there in summer 1977 in the lamp cabin, then did my underground training at Orgreave, I was 21 and living in Sheffield.  I was trainee in Wathwood Inset (the banksman used to call it the leisure centre, lol) with a young guy who was the onsetter, but I can't remember his name now.  We'd be onsetting on days and afternoons and elsewhere around the inset during nights.  I think there was an onsetter on nights regular.  I stayed onsetting after finishing training while the guy who was my supervisor went on face training.  On nights did all sorts of jobs in the gates of  I think 21,  shovelling stone dust and filling in holes in the road.  There were three guys on materials who used to stop by the shaft and have a pinch.  Their names have gone but one young guy with curly hair who had a ford anglia, and a tall skinny older guy. 

One young guy on the face used to call me Joe 90 because I had safety glasses with thick black frames.  I remember a grumpy old deputy who would strut around with a stick, he shouted at me one time when he was taking someone down to a disused level, maybe high hazel, because I looked at the board to double check the number of raps. 

Happy times, they were great lads at Treeton.  In autumn 1978 I applied for a transfer to Gedling pit because I had some good friends in Nottingham, worst move I made, it was not a friendly atmosphere and I didn't stay there.  I'm living in Canada now but often wonder how things would have turned out if I had stayed at Treeton.

Steve

• 1 year later...
On 01/12/2016 at 12:30, Mary-lou021 said:

My dad and brother worked at Treeton pit Joseph Dexter and brother Tony dexter my dad died suddenly last year and Tony as his own business washing bins out he lives at Walkley.

I worked with Tony ( Tats as we called him ) 0n S04s and S31s knew your Dad as well...sorry to hear he isn't with us anymore.