Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

My mate Glynn Rockley lived in Treeton and used to work down Treeton. He broke 3 vertebrae in his back at Thurcroft and was put on light duties in the office at Treeton bored out of his mind just before it closed. He's now living in Langworth in Lincs, driving a tarmac machine last I heard. I was at British Steel at the time and put a welding rod through the fridge trying to defrost it so had to find another and Glynn said I could have theirs from the canteen as it was going down the shaft anyway when it closed. It was painted blue. I don't know how old that fridge was but I was made redundant last July and the old Treeton pit canteen fridge was still working in the cooling beds office at Aldwarke Finishing Banks the day I left, 20 years after I cadged it. Who says fridges only last 6 years.

Edited by zepstox

• 1 month later...

One or two possibilities here...Tat, I remember Ken Souter..sorry to hear he passed away..used to occassionally bump into him in some Rotherham pubs..Also remeber Matt Thompson at Treeton..I think his brother worked there as well..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
hi i worked at treeton colliery from 1980 until its demise in 1990 when i transferred to rossington on the area salvage team are there any other ex treeton miners using this forum ?

I worked at Treeton from 1984 -1990. My dad worked there as well, he was Eric and I'm Sam.....: