Singles record in 1960

DUFFEMS

It was Marty Robbins who wrote and sang it as I have a Marty Robbins album with it on and like a lot of songs in the 50s and early 60s there was a lot of covers done by British artists of American songs such as "Singing The Blues" , "Lovesick Blues ", "Tell Laura I Love Her ", " A White Sports Coat and a Pink Carnation " and numerous others

It was Marty Robbins who wrote and sang it as I have a Marty Robbins album with it on and like a lot of songs in the 50s and early 60s there was a lot of covers done by British artists of American songs such as "Singing The Blues" , "Lovesick Blues ", "Tell Laura I Love Her ", " A White Sports Coat and a Pink Carnation " and numerous others

I think the best cover version of an American hit was Angela Jones by Michael Cox, much better than Johnny Ferguson's and John D Loudermilk's versions it would have been a no 1. but for the small record label he was on not being able to press enough copy's.

Was it the King Brothers who made a popular version of "Standing on the corner" (Watching all the girls go by) as well..

Marty Wild, I've still got his version of "Endless sleep" some where.

I think it was Emile Ford who had a hit with this one.

Have a look on here, fascinating to see all the old names again:

http://www.wwwk.co.uk/music/hit-singles/years/1960.htm

Archived