Singles record in 1960

DUFFEMS

I think it was Emile Ford who had a hit with this one.

Have a look on here, fascinating to see all the old names again:

http://www.wwwk.co.uk/music/hit-singles/years/1960.htm

Brilliant the only one I have not got is Starry eyed Michael Holliday . I started work in 1960 and guess what I spent my money on and I only got 17/6d a week then. When I think of Emile Ford I always think of What do you want to make those eyes at me for I loved that.

Dansette 1960/61, a bit of a pain when using a stack of records and they began to slip causing 'wow' Great fun playing 33/45rpm records at 78rpm, our fun was very simple then!

Do you recall having to turn the stylus (needle) over by pushing it in and turning for the different speeds?

I think it was Emile Ford who had a hit with this one.

Have a look on here, fascinating to see all the old names again:

http://www.wwwk.co.uk/music/hit-singles/years/1960.htm

Remember going to the City Hall to see Emile Ford and the Checkmates. 'What do you want to make those eyes at me for' was riding high at the time. I think the follow up was 'I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China'. After that, I don't think he had a hit.

Brilliant the only one I have not got is Starry eyed Michael Holliday . I started work in 1960 and guess what I spent my money on and I only got 17/6d a week then. When I think of Emile Ford I always think of What do you want to make those eyes at me for I loved that.

Emile Ford thats a blast from the past. He first introduced Adam Faith on a T

V show that I saw. Dont know if it was his first appearance on t.v. but I

think it was. Thought he was great too. My first concert when I was 9yrs old was Dave Clark Five, The Hollies and the Kinks at the city hall. My Grandad

pushed myself and my friend Joyce through a door and said he would be

waiting there when we came out, and he was !

Do you recall having to turn the stylus (needle) over by pushing it in and turning for the different speeds?

Yes tho I never could decide which stylus to use when playing at the wrong speed! Bit of a fiddle fitting a new one. I remember my mum used to work in a pub and got me records from the juke box, had to buy inserts to fix into the centre of the records to fit the Dansette.

You might remember Michael Holliday recorded the songs to several TV ads such as "We're going well with Shell Shell Shell" and the one for White Heather chocolates (I can't resist....White Heather) although I can't find anything on the web linking this one to him.

Thanks MikeG forall the 60's hits listed. I have just spent a happy time singing/humming ALL the words to these. Memory lane? Can't beat it!!!!!

Do you know that the list I gave you also has the 50's/70's/80's hits too, I only posted it because of the 60's being my interest.

It's a useful site for settling family arguments, we spent 2 hours the other night recalling happy times/memories/where you were when you heard that played etc.

Regards,

Duffems

Archived