Help with Ebay postage

I was going to buy something from the usa and the postage was £289 I pmd them and said are you sure about the price he comfirmed it lolol I said I can get a return ticket for that I then contacted a friend in springfield Ill and had the item shipped to him and he posted it for $14 in all cost $21 total

Bought it sunday BF. He posted it yesterday.

Didn't mind paying it for super quick service, but this is taking the mick.

to be fair, if you bought it sunday (or at the weekend) they might not have picked up your order until the monday, so with 24-48hr handling time it would be aimed to be dispatched tues or wed, now given its the US and they are several hours behind us that could have gone onto the next day for you anyway - if they dispatched on wed the dispatch email could be showing as sent thurs for you. tbh i dont think thats bad at all.

furthermore, as someone else said they aim to dispatch in a certain time, its not a promise they can just that they will try. also, you pay for the shipping costs etc which might be higher for a faster service from the post service used, you dont pay for the seller to actually dispatch it more quickly.

no doubt though you will mark them down and ruin their ratings for something you have misunderstood (this annoys me as people do it to me when i always dispatch everything well within the time stated). if you are ever if doubt then you should ask first before purchase - when buying from the US you always run the risk of things taking a while anyway as it could get held up at customs

to be fair, if you bought it sunday (or at the weekend) they might not have picked up your order until the monday, so with 24-48hr handling time it would be aimed to be dispatched tues or wed, now given its the US and they are several hours behind us that could have gone onto the next day for you anyway - if they dispatched on wed the dispatch email could be showing as sent thurs for you. tbh i dont think thats bad at all.

furthermore, as someone else said they aim to dispatch in a certain time, its not a promise they can just that they will try. also, you pay for the shipping costs etc which might be higher for a faster service from the post service used, you dont pay for the seller to actually dispatch it more quickly.

no doubt though you will mark them down and ruin their ratings for something you have misunderstood (this annoys me as people do it to me when i always dispatch everything well within the time stated). if you are ever if doubt then you should ask first before purchase - when buying from the US you always run the risk of things taking a while anyway as it could get held up at customs

Not at all. It's been the slowest service i've ever recieved though. I once bought a Linn Drum 2 years ago for 680 pounds which arrived broken, but the shipping was fast.

Archived