Obama, his true colours are now showing

All the more reason not to use that as a reason to appease the religious right extremists at home.

Give me one good reason that isn't based on islamaphobia for anyone including the families of victims to object to this building proposal that has already received planning permission?

Islamophobia! What evidence do you have to suggest they're Islamophobic?

Tbh, I though it would come to this, as is the usual baseless scaremongering by the left - label any opposition as being far right or racist and there by discredit it.

You think that the opposition to the Mosque are nothing but sheep following the latest headlines from right wing rags, that they're stupid, unable to think for themselves. I think you're a bigot.

That's a pretty cold, callous offensive thing you've said. That the victims families of one of the worst, biggest and most amazing terrorist attacks in the history of mankind should just "move on".

The BBC is still harping on about the Battle of Britain, 70 years on. We still hold remembrance day in November nigh on a hundred years on from the war.

So to say the families should "move on" after just 9 years is frankly a nasty insult.

I disagree entirely. Boyfridays remark directed specifically at any victims relatives who -

''feel they're still justified in venting their spleen at totally unconnected Muslims and dictate how they live their lives 9 years after the event, the time for them to move on is long overdue.''

If there are relatives who feel like that then I'd agree it's time for them to move on.

That's a pretty cold, callous offensive thing you've said. That the victims families of one of the worst, biggest and most amazing terrorist attacks in the history of mankind should just "move on".

What is 'cold and callous' is the venom being directed at law abiding American citizens, for an event that happened 9 years ago that is unconnected to them, it was in that context that I made my statement.

The BBC is still harping on about the Battle of Britain, 70 years on. We still hold remembrance day in November nigh on a hundred years on from the war.

Did I suggest there shouldn't be remembrance for the 9/11 tragedy?

You've picked a good example with the Battle of Britain, I watched this morning air crew from the Battle of Britain, standing shoulder to shoulder with a Major in the Luftwaffe, who 70 years ago was trying to kill them, the relationship looked pretty cordial to me and it was an occasion both parties are able to celebrate accordingly-these were people involved in the actual events.

Have German organisations been banned from the UK to preserve the memories of those lost during the war? That is effectively what the objectors to the Lower Manhattan mosque are suggesting and if they are, they should be ashamed of themselves, not me.

So to say the families should "move on" after just 9 years is frankly a nasty insult.

Read my post, and the context I said they should "move on".

I disagree entirely. Boyfridays remark directed specifically at any victims relatives who -

''feel they're still justified in venting their spleen at totally unconnected Muslims and dictate how they live their lives 9 years after the event, the time for them to move on is long overdue.''

If there are relatives who feel like that then I'd agree it's time for them to move on.

That's entirely my position.

You've picked a good example with the Battle of Britain, I watched this morning air crew from the Battle of Britain, standing shoulder to shoulder with a Major in the Luftwaffe, who 70 years ago was trying to kill them, the relationship looked pretty cordial to me and it was an occasion both parties are able to celebrate accordingly-these were people involved in the actual events.

Hmmm I wonder what the reaction would have been 9 years after the war as opposed to 70 years?

Islamophobia! What evidence do you have to suggest they're Islamophobic?

Tbh, I though it would come to this, as is the usual baseless scaremongering by the left - label any opposition as being far right or racist and there by discredit it.

You think that the opposition to the Mosque are nothing but sheep following the latest headlines from right wing rags, that they're stupid, unable to think for themselves. I think you're a bigot.

The objectors discredit themselves-please identify a legitimate reason for stopping the building of this mosque and community centre, or an example of concessions being made to appease the Muslim community of New York?

There aren't any, therefore the objections are gratuitous and aimed at discriminating against a group of people because of who they are-in other words Islamophobia.

Archived