Obama, his true colours are now showing

Its funny that Grahame- when you try (and often do) to re-direct blame on Christianity when people of your faith act against what you believe to be true christianity- you come up with "they're not true Christians".

So we will use your line of thought- "hey Grahame, they were not (true) muslims".:rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me, if when this Muslim centre is built, and Muslim terrorists were to walk in, that they would be hailed as heroes.

And to continue that discussion, if it applies one way, it applies the other, so Christians should also be punished for the actions of those committing crimes in the name of Christianity. Which doesn't happen, so why people think it should apply to Muslims I don't know (well I do, but best not get into that argument again).

How many anti-Christian threads have you seen on here? Dozens.

Both of your comments are totally callous.
I'm sure you'll get over it.

They are using the law as a lever and disregarding peoples sensitivities. It would also be within the law not to build the mosque.

Using the law as a 'lever'? They're not exploiting some little known loophole to achieve their objectives, they've bought a building, they've submitted a planning proposal which has been approved under the correct procedure.

People's sensitivities are a secondary concern at this (particular) location, they would have had much more credibility if the mosque was going to be built within the footprint of Ground Zero.

There are many building projects that are built that inflame someone's sensitivities, that doesn't make the objections right or prevent the project proceeding.

And thus you prove the very point the person you quoted made - if one Muslim is a terrorist they all are, but if it is a Christian, he is not in fact a Christian.

You are absolutely disgusting.

I can point to the teaching of Jesus and say they should not have done that. But you cannot do that with the Koran because it says to kill the infidel.

It is you who is posting from a position of ignorance.

It wouldn't surprise me, if when this Muslim centre is built, and Muslim terrorists were to walk in, that they would be hailed as heroes.

This is the supercilious thinking that i find vicously cruel. There is no evidence to support the theory that the Muslims of New York share the same beliefs with terrorists about mindlessly slaughtering people by flying planes into towers. None. The opposite in fact; they have denounced it time after time.

Your attempt to link them both will endlessly fail because you are wrong.

And to continue that discussion, if it applies one way, it applies the other, so Christians should also be punished for the actions of those committing crimes in the name of Christianity. Which doesn't happen, so why people think it should apply to Muslims I don't know (well I do, but best not get into that argument again).

The perpetrators are being given a pat on the back and it is wrong.

And thus you prove the very point the person you quoted made - if one Muslim is a terrorist they all are, but if it is a Christian, he is not in fact a Christian.

You are absolutely disgusting.

Islam says to kill the infidel. The Bible says not to murder and to turn the other cheek.

Muslims are following their Religion, while people who claim to be Christians and who do terrible things are not following their religion.

Archived