Obama, his true colours are now showing

Irish pubs don't identify with an ideology. Mosques do.

A mere 14 minutes before you made the post I'm responding to when you said:

"there is an association with the IRA and the Irish, the same as there is between al-Qaeda, Islam and the September 11 tragedy"

By your own standards Irish pubs are 'associated' with the IRA in the same way anything to do with Islam is "associated' with Al Qaeda.

To be fair if the Mulberry Bush had been reopened as Paddy O'feinians Oirish Bar under even "moderate" republican management a few years after the carnage they caused then yes, people would have objected.

:huh: Do you think Irish pubs are all run by loyalists or something?

:huh: Do you think Irish pubs are all run by loyalists or something?

No, I'm talking about the pub the irish bombed being turned into an irish pub - like sticking a bend and squark to allah centre next to ground zero.

Both insensetive and the micks had the good sense not to try to do it, so lets hope our islamic chums stop being pricks and give the concept up as a bad idea.

No, I'm talking about the pub the irish bombed being turned into an irish pub - like sticking a bend and squark to allah centre next to ground zero.

Both insensetive and the micks had the good sense not to try to do it, so lets hope our islamic chums stop being pricks and give the concept up as a bad idea.

:huh:The "concept" is 30yrs old.

:huh:The "concept" is 30yrs old.

The concept is a lot more than 30 years old.

Someone murders people in the name of X and then sticks something in the name of X next to it has been unpopular for thousands of years.

But it isn't "like" it at all, there is a significant difference between building on the ruins of something and simply near them. Yet again we have another most disingenuous analogy being made as honest and accurate anaolgies just don't serve the purpose opponents of this project want them to.

What makes you so sure an Irish pub hasn't been opened up relatively near to the site of an IRA bombing anyway? Have you checked the locales of all those attacks?

The concept is a lot more than 30 years old.

Someone murders people in the name of X and then sticks something in the name of X next to it has been unpopular for thousands of years.

So using your analogy Western invading forces with their military camps flying symbols (Infidel flags) in almost every major city in Iraq is being sensitive?

What's the difference between an Irish pub and and English pub if the Irish pubs are located in England?

I used to frequent a couple of the Mooneys Irish Houses when i lived in London. Apart from the spitoons there was no difference between them or any other pub and they sold the same brands of beer

But it isn't "like" it at all, there is a significant difference between building on the ruins of something and simply near them. Yet again we have another most disingenuous analogy being made as honest and accurate anaolgies just don't serve the purpose opponents of this project want them to.

What makes you so sure an Irish pub hasn't been opened up relatively near to the site of an IRA bombing anyway? Have you checked the locales of all those attacks?

Whatever.

Personally i think setting up a bend and squak centre near grund zero shows a massive lack of sensitivity by those doing it. But it's their funeral and after all this is in the US so they will decide.

So using your analogy Western invading forces with their military camps flying symbols (Infidel flags) in almost every major city in Iraq is being sensitive?

Clearly it would not be "sensetive" to do that. Sensitive would have been leaving them under husseins vicous rule which is clearly what they deserve.

Archived