Obama, his true colours are now showing

If it has nothing to do with the thread title, why did you start talking about the law?
Because Obama is upholding it, not seeking excuses to circumvent it to prevent citizens of his country exercising their democratic rights.

As far as Obama making his statement is concerned, you admit then that Obama is showing his true colours by lending his support to the building of a mosque.

Yes, he's revealed his true colours in being a champion of a constitution he swore to uphold in January 2009.

I suggest you have confirmed the thread title which has been proven.

That would appear to be correct.

End of thread.

I'm sure others may well wish to make a contribution, I don't share your view on self importance.

OK then I stand corrected. I should have said, "Obama is showing his true colours by supporting Muslims in this multi-million dollar project."

You must have missed this nonsense he spouted seeking a continuation of the link between the church and the state?

"Barack Obama does not appear to believe in a strict separation of church an state, which is a shame because opposition to church/state separation is a keystone in the Christian Right's assault on modernity and the Enlightenment. Barack Obama does not come out to openly deny that church and state should be separated, of course, but he liberally uses Christian Right rhetoric, misinformation, and even lies in a way that would tend to undermine confidence in and support for separation. "

http://atheism.about.com/od/barackobamareligionfaith/a/ChurchState.htm

This was part of his Keynote address in 2006.

You must have missed this nonsense he spouted seeking a continuation of the link between the church and the state?

"Barack Obama does not appear to believe in a strict separation of church an state, which is a shame because opposition to church/state separation is a keystone in the Christian Right's assault on modernity and the Enlightenment. Barack Obama does not come out to openly deny that church and state should be separated, of course, but he liberally uses Christian Right rhetoric, misinformation, and even lies in a way that would tend to undermine confidence in and support for separation. "

http://atheism.about.com/od/barackobamareligionfaith/a/ChurchState.htm

This was part of his Keynote address in 2006.

To be honest BF that's 4 years old...what was his audience then? Politicians change their stance depending on the wind...

To be honest BF that's 4 years old...what was his audience then? Politicians change their stance depending on the wind...

Indeed, but by the same token perhaps he's 'not showing his true colours' just because he hasn't condemned the NY mosque project.

..that has nothing to do with the thread title.

The approval of this mosque will have been subject to a needs analysis during the planning application, and long before Obama made his statement.

Sorry BF but a true Needs Analysis would have concluded there is no "need" for the thing, just a "want"

Archived