Obama, his true colours are now showing

I have to wonder what the reaction would have been if the White Aryan Resistance Movement had applied to locate their party headquarters in that building?

Let me guess. The Jewish community would have made their disapproval very loud and clear as well as various other communities in that city and the city fathers would have bowed down and told the developers and the group "Nope. No can do sorry"

My point is that the Costitution while being a fine article for the aspirations of freedom is not "Pure" in the sense that it can be manipulated by whatever entities choose to in order to serve their own views and interests and politicians worried about their popular standings and approval ratings are sometimes the worst offenders

I would sooner see a KKK meeting held in my town than a city council who would refuse to issue a permit on the grounds that it would incite racial intolerance. Just so long as the event was no more than a shouting match between the KKK and the protesters and no physivcal violence involved is what "freedom of speech and constitutional rights are all about"

Fine words about constitutinal rights are all very well but some are worth nothing more than the paper they're written on and it's the hypocrisy that I have a problem with being a member in the "Purist" school of thought

Yea, but it's just a bunch of people wanting to pray to their God.

They aren't the White Aryan Resistance Movement, the KKK, NORAID, the IRA, Al Qaeda, the Peoples Front of Judea or the Girl Guides. It's just a few ordinary people who want to be nice to each other and to others.

I have to wonder what the reaction would have been if the White Aryan Resistance Movement had applied to locate their party headquarters in that building?

Let me guess. The Jewish community would have made their disapproval very loud and clear as well as various other communities in that city and the city fathers would have bowed down and told the developers and the group "Nope. No can do sorry"

My point is that the Costitution while being a fine article for the aspirations of freedom is not "Pure" in the sense that it can be manipulated by whatever entities choose to in order to serve their own views and interests and politicians worried about their popular standings and approval ratings are sometimes the worst offenders

I would sooner see a KKK meeting held in my town than a city council who would refuse to issue a permit on the grounds that it would incite racial intolerance. Just so long as the event was no more than a shouting match between the KKK and the protesters and no physivcal violence involved is what "freedom of speech and constitutional rights are all about"

Fine words about constitutinal rights are all very well but some are worth nothing more than the paper they're written on and it's the hypocrisy that I have a problem with being a member in the "Purist" school of thought

"Yesterday I noted here that Greg Gutfeld has announced plans to open, in the spirit of tolerance, an Islamic gay bar next to the Islamic supremacist mega-mosque at Ground Zero."

But now, as you can see above (thanks to Weasel Zippers), "Park 51" -- that's the fig-leaf name for the mega-mosque organizers, otherwise known as the Cordoba Initiative, recalling the good old days of Muslim Spain when dhimmi Jews and Christians knew their place, or else -- is complaining that Gutfeld's gay bar doesn't "consider the sensibilities of Muslims."

How's this for a Gotcha

Yea, but it's just a bunch of people wanting to pray to their God.

They aren't the White Aryan Resistance Movement, the KKK, NORAID, the IRA, Al Qaeda, the Peoples Front of Judea or the Girl Guides. It's just a few ordinary people who want to be nice to each other and to others.

Tony, Tony, Tony. "just a bunch of people wanting to pray to their god" don't have $100 million in cash lying around

Going by what was reported on radio 4 today, this is not a refurbishment, but the demolition of an old building to build an 18 story mosque in its place that will tower over the entire area.

The Burlington Coat Factory to be exact

Sorry if this has been stated previously but the only church that was demolished in the 9/11 building colapse was a 4 story Greek Orthodox church.

As of yet, they have not been granted permission to rebuild !

Tony, Tony, Tony. "just a bunch of people wanting to pray to their god" don't have $100 million in cash lying around

God is a serious business. You're a long time dead. I guess they are just hedging their bets.

"Yesterday I noted here that Greg Gutfeld has announced plans to open, in the spirit of tolerance, an Islamic gay bar next to the Islamic supremacist mega-mosque at Ground Zero."

But now, as you can see above (thanks to Weasel Zippers), "Park 51" -- that's the fig-leaf name for the mega-mosque organizers, otherwise known as the Cordoba Initiative, recalling the good old days of Muslim Spain when dhimmi Jews and Christians knew their place, or else -- is complaining that Gutfeld's gay bar doesn't "consider the sensibilities of Muslims."

How's this for a Gotcha

I dont think that club will attract many members though

Archived