Obama, his true colours are now showing

It is not without its problems. But those problems are not ones that will be resolved or addressed by stigmatising all muslims.

Debra Burlingham is founder of a hate group, who has been doing the rounds on Fox News, purporting to represent the view of victims of 9-11.

But does she have even one victim of 9-11 in her organisation? It is certainly not clear from her website.

http://www.mahablog.com/2010/08/14/debra-burlingame-doesnt-represent-the-911-families/

Probabilities of what? This isn't about probabilities, this is about the scapegoating of an innocent community.

Bold. Not at all.

More about their rising dominance and power-base built on the back of a tragedy caused by people who follow the same religion of Islam.

Neither did anyone involved in the project.

Al Qaeda did, you know the people the same right wingers that are protesting about this set up, when they pumped money in to the Muhjihadeen in operation Cyclone to destabilise Russia.

not fair at all because the Muhjiadeen and Taliban/Al Queda were not one and the same. A common myth this - the US 'created' Taliban/Al Quieda. It's not even half true. The US certainly didn't bankroll Bin Laden, which again is often claimed. He didn't need them. He had money of his own.

for example one of the most famous Muhjihadeen, Ahmad Shah Massoud, 'The Lion of Panjshir', and a true Afghan hero that was nominated for the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize, the leader of the Northern Alliance and who, unlike Bin Laden or anyone who later became identified with the Taliban, really WAS a key American ally in the 1980s, was bitterly opposed to Al Quieda - which is why a couple of Arabs posing as journalists killed him with a suicide bomb a few days before 9/11.

It is not without its problems. But those problems are not ones that will be resolved or addressed by stigmatising all muslims.

Debra Burlingham is founder of a hate group, who has been doing the rounds on Fox News, purporting to represent the view of victims of 9-11.

But does she have even one victim of 9-11 in her organisation? It is certainly not clear from her website.

http://www.mahablog.com/2010/08/14/debra-burlingame-doesnt-represent-the-911-families/

Probabilities of what? This isn't about probabilities, this is about the scapegoating of an innocent community.

Dont send me links to Debra Burlingame. I dont care what she spouts off and not interested . i have no time for such people.

I dare say the Muslim community is innocent but from my detached observation there will be many who regard them with a lot of suspicion nevertheless and associate them with all the negative things they hear on the news. I am pointing out what and how people seem to think and this has to be realized

The fact that muslims have been victims of attacks in the US?

Like the pipe bomb attack on a mosque earlier on this year?

Yes, they are the ones on Fox News.

Another link since you like them so much, this time from the Washington Post:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/2010/08/are_americans_total_numbskulls.html

It's no good holding up Fox News and Rush Limbaugh as counter arguments.

Their followers are NOT blowing up people or even verbally encouraging them to. Cant you see the disparity?

not fair at all because the Muhjiadeen and Taliban/Al Queda were not one and the same. A common myth this - the US 'created' Taliban/Al Quieda. It's not even half true. The US certainly didn't bankroll Bin Laden, which again is often claimed. He didn't need them. He had money of his own.

for example one of the most famous Muhjihadeen, Ahmad Shah Massoud, 'The Lion of Panjshir', and a true Afghan hero that was nominated for the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize, the leader of the Northern Alliance and who, unlike Bin Laden or anyone who later became identified with the Taliban, really WAS a key American ally in the 1980s, was bitterly opposed to Al Quieda - which is why a couple of Arabs posing as journalists killed him with a suicide bomb a few days before 9/11.

Maybe not directly. But the billions of dollars worth of weapons that armed the Afghani people undoubtably were used to arm those that would end up in Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

the Muslims might show a little tolerance

The Muslims, like The Beatles and The Wombles. A small group that are easy to define. ;)

To be a little more exact, one would think society has a whole could seperate the difference between terrorism and religious belief. Not all catholics were in the IRA, and not all muslims fly planes into towers. It is not a complex idea.

According to this thread the are about 100 mosques in NY. Muslims have always had freedom of worship.
So what difference will one more make? If there are a hundred churches in Sheffield ( which I doubt ) what difference would one more make, if the congregation was paying for ii not you?

Archived