Let's all read the Quran together

I've never read the Quran, despite having a significant number of Muslims in my family. I've become increasingly curious about it, though, especially given the number of Islamic apologists who claim it to be the greatest book ever written (hmmm...pretty sure I've heard that one before, somewhere..)

So I started on this page-by-page analysis*, and I'm finding it pretty interesting so far. I never knew how funny the Quran would be!

Who'd a thunk it?

* I should probably mention that there is a leetle bit of swearing on the pages I've linked to.

The Bible is also a book with a variety of funny stories, sexual tales, high drama and activities peculiar to the Middle East. Why should the Quran be any different? At least killing those who don't go along with the teaching seems to be peculiar to the Quran which isn't a tennent of the Bible.

No matter what you think your reading you will have some Muslim come on and tell you it does not mean that. In fact that would perpetuate into some other Muslims coming on and saying in fact it does not mean that either.

Then some BNP nut will come on an say what he/she thinks the translation means ect ect ect.

Like its been said, whats the point ?

At least killing those who don't go along with the teaching seems to be peculiar to the Quran which isn't a tennent of the Bible.

The Crusades? The Thirty Years' War? The burning at the stake of Protestants under Queen Mary, and the burning of Catholics under Queen Elizabeth?

You missed the thousand years of history that is chiefly filled with people massacring non-Christians in the name of the Bible? They had no more justification in their "holy work" than the murderers of al-Qa'eda can find in the Qu'ran, but they did it regardless.

No matter what you think your reading you will have some Muslim come on and tell you it does not mean that. In fact that would perpetuate into some other Muslims coming on and saying in fact it does not mean that either.

Then some BNP nut will come on an say what he/she thinks the translation means ect ect ect.

Like its been said, whats the point ?

It's a blog called kafirgirl. It's a humourous deconstructio of the quran. Just thought i'd share it with a few fellow humans. None of you have even looked at yet, have you?

It's a blog called kafirgirl. It's a humourous deconstructio of the quran. Just thought i'd share it with a few fellow humans. None of you have even looked at yet, have you?
Yeh I read it but it was about prety much what I expected anyhow.

Your only going to get people reading it for a giggle though, no Muslim is seriously going to drop into this topic trying to hold debate on the Quaran.

I would love that to be the case and even have topics on the Bible and whatever the Jewish folk read and even the Buddhists (be good the Buddhist debate would)

Archived