Let's all read the Quran together

As I said earlier, come back when you have a clue what you are talking about.

Wifebeating is not a "Muslim" practice:- it says in the hadiths "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the she-camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, Hadith 68,)

if a man is going to be a wife-beater, it doesn't matter what faith or moral-code he follows, he'll be a despot:- be it an Atheist despot, a Christian despot, A Muslim despot, Jewish despot, a Hindu or Sikh despot.

Looking at your last post about selective quoting do you now concede that you were wrong about wife beating ?

This is no problem either way for me as its not a practice I would personally do but I am very interested in your view on it as a female Muslim who is on Sheffield Forum and puts a great deal of pro points across about Islam.

Like I said I don't really care on the actual issue but it would mean a lot about your credence as a poster for me if your just coming out with what you wish people to believe rather than the truth. People have put it to you that wife beating is in your holy book and even how to go about it so are you accepting this argument or in denial of it ?

Please no back pedaling or quoting, just your opinion will do and why you believe what you say. Of cause your under no obligation to answer but it would mean a lot for your credibility if you did.

And what proof is there of this so called revelation, anyone could make the same claims?

The Mormons made similar claims regarding instructions and yet where were the witnesses?

People who believe the word of a paedophile who married a little 9 year old girl are the ones who also must come into question regarding their staus in civilised society.

He didn't marry her at 9yrs old, he was betrothed to her when she was 7 and then married her several years later so at about 14 or 15yrs old.

!400 years ago there wasn't an age of consent for sex so just because it isn't morally accepted now doesn't mean it wasn't then. What year was the age of consent introduced in Britain?

You racists keep banging the paedophile line out time and time again but it just shows how stupid you are because you havn't even done your research.

Looking at your last post about selective quoting do you now concede that you were wrong about wife beating ?

This is no problem either way for me as its not a practice I would personally do but I am very interested in your view on it as a female Muslim who is on Sheffield Forum and puts a great deal of pro points across about Islam.

Like I said I don't really care on the actual issue but it would mean a lot about your credence as a poster for me if your just coming out with what you wish people to believe rather than the truth. People have put it to you that wife beating is in your holy book and even how to go about it so are you accepting this argument or in denial of it ?

Please no back pedaling or quoting, just your opinion will do and why you believe what you say. Of cause your under no obligation to answer but it would mean a lot for your credibility if you did.

It was morally acceptible back then and don't forget that the Quran hasn't been changed over the years, it is up to the reader to interprete it according to modern times, for eg it says kill the unbelievers and yes back in the day thats was what was happening but anyone with a bit of intellect would realize that today that is not acceptible.

I don't beat my wife and I don't kill unbelievers, I know the Quran says this but I am inteligent enough to realise that the Quran reflects the era it was written in and so must be read in that context,It would also be wise for the non muslim Islam experts on here to do the same.

He didn't marry her at 9yrs old, he was betrothed to her when she was 7 and then married her several years later so at about 14 or 15yrs old.
My Bold, so you can say "several years later or so at about 14 or 15yrs old" but I have to be specific.

I know someone who's seen the marriage certificate which says she was 9yrs 3 months and 1 day.

!400 years ago there wasn't an age of consent for sex so just because it isn't morally accepted now doesn't mean it wasn't then. What year was the age of consent introduced in Britain?

You racists keep banging the paedophile line out time and time again but it just shows how stupid you are because you havn't even done your research.

The problem isnt anything to do with the fact this was hundreds of years ago at all, its the fact that its documented in a book that people live there lives by litrally today

Now we know that women have rights in this day and age, but women are still second class by readers of the book. If it was not for the fact that people do not draw the distinction between now and 1400 years ago then you may have had a valid point.

Theres lots and lots of other barbaric practices that people disprove of as well that are deemed to be wrong today that are still practiced in Islamic countries based on the book, so the fact that he took a child in his bed 1400 years ago is still a big issue, in fact its now we know better that it actually is an issue.

It was morally acceptible back then and don't forget that the Quran hasn't been changed over the years, it is up to the reader to interprete it according to modern times, for eg it says kill the unbelievers and yes back in the day thats was what was happening but anyone with a bit of intellect would realize that today that is not acceptible.

I don't beat my wife and I don't kill unbelievers, I know the Quran says this but I am inteligent enough to realise that the Quran reflects the era it was written in and so must be read in that context,It would also be wise for the non muslim Islam experts on here to do the same.

Nail on head, I would say. Isn't it for this reason that progressive Muslim intellectuals are calling for a reinterpretation of the Quran and a reformation of Islam? People such as Tariq Ramadan, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Irshad Manji et al.

Nail on head, I would say. Isn't it for this reason that progressive Muslim intellectuals are calling for a reinterpretation of the Quran and a reformation of Islam? People such as Tariq Ramadan, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Irshad Manji et al.

I think it is more the hadiths the quoran itself is fairly innocuous. I seem to recall quite a bit going on in Turkey in particular with this.

Archived