Let's all read the Quran together

I never read the quran myself somthing i must do before i die.

Never was able to read Arabic might get an english version one day when i turn religious.

The English versions are all wrong. Once someone reads one and points out that its all a bit ugly someone comes along and points out its all lost in the translation. As I said its pointless, no one agrees on whats in it anyhow, theres always someone has their own angle on it, thats why some claim it to be about peace, while others as an act of war manual on the rest of humanity.

I would stay out of reading it unless I was convinced the translation and source was correct.

The English versions are all wrong. Once someone reads one and points out that its all a bit ugly someone comes along and points out its all lost in the translation. As I said its pointless, no one agrees on whats in it anyhow, theres always someone has their own angle on it, thats why some claim it to be about peace while others as an act of war manual on the rest of humanity.

I would stay out of reading it unless I was convinced the translation and source was correct.

Very true indeed being a muslim from birth supose the correct translation would of been the one i tried to learn for years without success as a child.

Once someone reads one and points out that its all a bit ugly someone comes along and points out its all lost in the translation.

To be fair people do that with the Bible too, they pick an choose which bits they take literally, and bits that don't suit them are "interpreted"

To be fair people do that with the Bible too, they pick an choose which bits they take literally, and bits that don't suit them are "interpreted"
I agree, or people get mixed up with the new and old testaments.

All the striking down and smiting are all in the old testament while all the love and forgiveness is in the new. People confuse this and claim anything they want about it.

I agree, or people get mixed up with the new and old testaments.

All the striking down and smiting are all in the old testament while all the love and forgiveness is in the new. People confuse this and claim anything they want about it.

Well, there's no mention of Hell and eternal damnation until 'gentle Jesus, meek and mild' comes along. And Jesus is quoted as uncritically accepting slavery (in one of his parables), and he reportedy gets reeeeaaalllllyyy cross with out of season fig trees...

I knew there'd be a great many other examples, but I couldn't think of them at the time. (Clearly, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition... :hihi:)

The difference is that the Christain failings mentioned took place hundreds of years ago.

Islam has not evolved due to it not believing in evolution, it still talks and acts as if we were living in the times of 'Sheherezade' and 'Tales of the Arabian Nights'

Such as.........?

Child abuse

Bribing poor people to convert to Christianity (several of the Christmas gift box charities have been accused of this)

Not allowing contraception (and thus contributing to thousands of AIDS related deaths)

Christianity still creates it fair share of misery

Archived