Let's all read the Quran together

Its all down to us sparking off the industrial revolution and the growing 0f our economies apparently, what's not talked about much is the oil that comes here from the middle east (and the money that goes the other way) as being any sort of factor in it.

I thought the industrial revolution ran on coal, when it was in full swing most of the oil countries were still 3rd world.

I thought the industrial revolution ran on coal, when it was in full swing most of the oil countries were still 3rd world.

It started the ball rolling, you have to have a hand full of snow to start a snowman.

I am not making that argument, I am stating others have, on this very forum if you look hard enough you'll find what Im taking of.

on this very forum if you look hard enough you'll find what Im taking of.

I don't doubt it, but the then "3rd world" is rapidly catching up with us, I saw a program last week where they said something like 60% of Kuwaitis are clinically obese, that's progress for you, living the dream.

I don't doubt it, but the then "3rd world" is rapidly catching up with us, I saw a program last week where they said something like 60% of Kuwaitis are clinically obese, that's progress for you, living the dream.
Well McDonalds won't have anything to do with that, not now they stick that piece of lettuce on everything :D

I think you are all a bunch of lunatics calling ordinary people who have lost everything fanatics. You are so brain washed by the media you can only see fanatics in Pakistan now.

No one is blaming the west for the floods the west only gets blamed for things that it does and not just by fanatics by many ordinary people including people in the west. Things like illegally bombing and occupying Muslim countries and giving 3 billion a year military aid to apartheid state of Israel.

Also if you want to justify the floods from an Islamic point of veiw it's quite easy.

{And we will surely test you with some fear, hunger and shortages of property, people and produce. But give good tidings to the steadfast. Those who, when a calamity befalls them say: "We belong to Allah and to Him we return." Upon these are prayers from their Lord and mercy and these are the rightly-guided ones.}

Al-Baqarah: 155-157

I've never read the Quran, despite having a significant number of Muslims in my family. I've become increasingly curious about it, though, especially given the number of Islamic apologists who claim it to be the greatest book ever written (hmmm...pretty sure I've heard that one before, somewhere..)

So I started on this page-by-page analysis*, and I'm finding it pretty interesting so far. I never knew how funny the Quran would be!

Who'd a thunk it?

* I should probably mention that there is a leetle bit of swearing on the pages I've linked to.

I'd read this if i was very bored. Not what i believe in anyway.

Yes but you see all that was before the truth came out and the Old Testament jews were partialy associated with Islam.

Christianity was born which saw the split from Judism/Judislam and Jesus rejected stoning whereras the muslims still practice this barbarity and even their holy book the koran tells muslims how to beat their wives.

Stoning, Wife beating, some religion of peace.

As I said earlier, come back when you have a clue what you are talking about.

Wifebeating is not a "Muslim" practice:- it says in the hadiths "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the she-camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, Hadith 68,)

if a man is going to be a wife-beater, it doesn't matter what faith or moral-code he follows, he'll be a despot:- be it an Atheist despot, a Christian despot, A Muslim despot, Jewish despot, a Hindu or Sikh despot.

well that's pretty clear, its ok to beat your wife if you also sleep with your camels ?
I wonder if that's why Welshmen have it off with sheep.

Maybe the 'Druid' version of the koran says "Its ok to beat your wife if you also sleep with your sheep "

Archived