Acceptable Racism?

What is acceptable racism? i say this because i'm itching my head at a few people including my own thoughts.

A guy i know blew up last year when another friend said he would support the BNP. This guy has a black girlfriend and thought our other m8 was racist for supporting them.

Anyway, this guy and another friend enjoy and admit they hate pakistanis. I'm curious as to why they don't think the same about our black friends? and why the black fellas take part in the jokes if they find it offensive about themselves.

I think it goes to show certain types of people are against racism where and when it suits them.

What is acceptable racism? i say this because i'm itching my head at a few people including my own thoughts.

A guy i know blew up last year when another friend said he would support the BNP. This guy has a black girlfriend and thought our other m8 was racist for supporting them.

Anyway, this guy and another friend enjoy and admit they hate pakistanis. I'm curious as to why they don't think the same about our black friends? and why the black fellas take part in the jokes if they find it offensive about themselves.

I think it goes to show certain types of people are against racism where and when it suits them.

Twas ever thus matty..you would probably find the white guys would despise any one who was racist against them too and I've encountered many black racists, it's a negative side of human nature.

They do but mostly they go for the flavour of the day. The hidden fears they have for other cultures..or even their next door neighbour can be used against the flavour of the month. Prime example= BNP

Twas ever thus matty..you would probably find the white guys would despise any one who was racist against them too and I've encountered many black racists, it's a negative side of human nature.

Racism is usually justified by "I hate Muslims me" but my best mate is a coon.

Such a givaway!

I think that we are all prejudice in one way or another, what most of us do is realise that this is an irrational and hurtful emotion and learn to ignore it and not to act on it. Maybe it comes a fear of outsiders, which could well be an evolutionary throwback.

I think that we are all prejudice in one way or another, what most of us do is realise that this is an irrational and hurtful emotion and learn to ignore it and not to act on it.

I'd settle for people trying not to act on it. I don't think I am always all that successful.

Archived