Acceptable Racism?

Evenin eastie, always wondered why those black fellas sat on the wall outside The Limes on Barnsley Road, I guess we have a lot to thank old Terry for :hihi:

..should be keeping my head down after yesterday's debacle :( But Blackwell gone :)

the good old days...sat on the pub wall...the arches was our spot....bottle of pop and a packet of choccy peanuts...can remember when first black lad came to shirecliffe school in 1967....headmaster had us all in assembly...how embarrasing for the lad....told us he was no different from us....lying sod...he had a right wedge at 12...happy days

What is acceptable racism? i say this because i'm itching my head at a few people including my own thoughts.

A guy i know blew up last year when another friend said he would support the BNP. This guy has a black girlfriend and thought our other m8 was racist for supporting them.

Anyway, this guy and another friend enjoy and admit they hate pakistanis. I'm curious as to why they don't think the same about our black friends? and why the black fellas take part in the jokes if they find it offensive about themselves.

I think it goes to show certain types of people are against racism where and when it suits them.

every race has its racists, its just some racists hide behind there race to get away with it.

...can remember when first black lad came to shirecliffe school in 1967....headmaster had us all in assembly...how embarrasing for the lad....told us he was no different from us....lying sod...he had a right wedge at 12...happy days

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Poor beggar, he's probably still in therapy now.

same difference

even tho its a religion not a race i do think its one thing that does come under the racism banner aswell, ive always said and stick by it, that the most of it is part of ye olde "****" bashing mentality from the 70s / 80s

I think you'll find that a lot of the so called **** bashing of the 70's was the product of the literary talents of one Richard Allen especially in the north.indeed if you were about then you will have noticed that round this area a lot of Pakistani teens actually embraced the skinhead movement

I think you'll find that a lot of the so called **** bashing of the 70's was the product of the literary talents of one Richard Allen especially in the north.indeed if you were about then you will have noticed that round this area a lot of Pakistani teens actually embraced the skinhead movement

all of which DOESNT mean it didnt happen...a lot

niether does it mean that i believe all this is an extension of it

all of which DOESNT mean it didnt happen...a lot

niether does it mean that i believe all this is an extension of it

You seem to have a fixation with the term "**** bashing" I was around at the time of the original skinheads and believe me **** bashing was not a feature of the day.a rumble at football matches was the rule of thumb where skins were concerned other than that their main love was music.

In defense of boyfriday, the term 'dis-proportionately' is purely about numbers, not about whether it's RIGHT that they're in prison or not!! Whether it's because the minorities actually commit more crime OR because the sytem is prejudiced is totally irrelevant and I, for one, couldn't possibly comment on it ...but it's a simple bleedin' fact that in mathematical terms, the ratio of minorities to whites is higher in prison populations than it is in society as a whole.

There are some folk on here with serious passive-agressive tendencies (and notably low post counts) who will grab hold and run with any ridiculous assumption that suits them, just so long as it means they get a good argument out of it and a chance to belittle others and show us all how clued-up and righteous they are.

Well it certainly doesn't wash with me. Wind your bloody neck in!

what a load of nonsense about skin heads only being concerned with the footy and Asians emkbracing skin heads. Just ask any asians from the older generation about their struggles with skin heads back in the day. Asians couldn't even go for a stroll through a park back in the 70s.

This lead to Asians becoming defensive in the 80s and by the 90s people had a strong sense of Asian identity and would defend it. Post 9/11 the attention turned towards Muslims instead (same racism new disguise) and now people have a strong sense of Muslim identity and defend it. Melthebell is right same racism new day.

Archived