Acceptable Racism?

:confused:

Thats a fair point Sierra, I think age has a lot to do with it and to be fair their is the gang culture evident with young white lads and youg black lads, Ive only received racial harrasement from Pakistani lads tho, but hell you live on lol.

It seems to be 2nd/3rd generation, maybe its on account of feeling marginalised over time etc.

Well, you do live on, but no one should have to put up with that. Shame on them. You almost want to tell them, "behave in public you fools! People are judging an entire group based on your idiotic actions!" :rant:

I love this line from Stand and Deliver. It's Edward James Olmos as teacher Jaime Escalante, addressing his students at a poor high school in Los Angeles after they complain that life is unfair and the work he gives them is too hard:

"There will be no free rides, no excuses. You already have two strikes against you: your name and your complexion. Because of those two strikes, there are some people in this world who will assume that you know less than you do."

Young people often feel marginalized or that 'society' doesn't care about them. This would be more understandable with recent immigrants. Doesn't make it right, but you could see how they would feel that way. But after two or even three generations?! Get your <REMOVED> together for god's sake! You're as English as the next person. You make your own luck and you're not a damn victim. If you have problems, see a therapist. Quit taking it out on people you don't even know.

maybe its on account of feeling marginalised over time etc.

Maybe not.

Maybe its more down to the way as a minority they are pandered to and arent held accoutnable for their actions. Its always the fault of British society, British people in some way.

Sad really but there you go.

Maybe its more down to the way as a minority they are pandered to

and arent held accoutnable for their actions.

Its always the fault of British society, British people in some way.

no they are not

yes they are

no it isnt

no idea where you get your thoughts from, but its total ********

no they are not

yes they are

no it isnt

no idea where you get your thoughts from, but its total ********

Is that all you people do on here?

Swear?

You know its possible to disagree with someone with the need for swearing:rolleyes:

So you think there are more in prison than there should be? How many do you think are inside wrongly? Do you have any figures to support your claim?

No, that isn't what I meant-they are dis-proportionally represented in the prison population, in other words if their ethnic group represents 5% of the general population, then they might be 10% of the prison one, in other words that doesn't support your claim that they're pampered and not held accountable for their actions.

No, that isn't what I meant-they are dis-proportionally represented in the prison population, in other words if their ethnic group represents 5% of the general population, then they might be 10% of the prison one, in other words that doesn't support your claim that they're pampered and not held accountable for their actions.

Im sorry but what has the prison population and its % of non whites got to do with this thread?

Unless, ahhhh i see now. Is this a round about way of suggesting the justice system is racist?

If it is then just start another thread about that. Id love to contribute.

:)

Archived