How do you like your nails?

Short, filed smooth and generally unpainted. A good hand cream for the skin and cuticles. Long nails are impractical. Nail art is tacky.

My toe nails are usually painted though. Violet right now.

I beg to differ.

I can cope perfectly well with long nails , wether is running around after the kids , housework , work at the weekend or making jewellery .The truth is i would be lost without them !!

:love:

I beg to differ.

I can cope perfectly well with long nails , wether is running around after the kids , housework , work at the weekend or making jewellery .The truth is i would be lost without them !!

:love:

On the few occasions I've let my nails grow, or have glued on false ones, I've found that I can't pick up or carefully manipulate anything much smaller than a boiled egg.

If I tried to put in or take out contact lenses I'd poke my eye out, or at least gouge out a hefty chunk of eye flesh. I wouldn't be able to type properly, prise open lids, or handle anything squishy without leaving trails and half-moon imprints (try handling wet clay with anything other than stubby nails). I can't imagine trying to work with beads, or doing any other delicate tasks, with a centimetre or so of keratin/plastic sprouting from each finger, or having the fuss and expense of maintaining them.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are real, long with a natural rounded tip - hate square ends, look like shovels. Always have them painted, purples & blues are my favourite shades. Sometimes use nail art it depends on how patient I'm feeling because I do them myself. I do however always wear a 9ct gold nail on my little finger. I've worn it for years and often forget I'm wearing it, until someone makes a comment. Hate manicures, it feels like they're faffing about and I can do them quicker myself!!

My nails are real and long, and are slightly rounded at the end. More often than not I keep them natural, but if I do paint them then it's usually red. I never use nail art; it's not for me, personally. I don't spend a lot of time on my nails apart from filing and cutting; they're very strong and pretty much take care of themselves.

Mine are so good at drawing blood- I take chunks out of myself by accident sometimes.

Pro: really good at getting to an itch

Con: the blood loss can get a bit troublesome.

I'll second that. I've accidently caught myself and drawn blood on a few occasions.

My natural nails are like tissue paper so I have my own nails with acrylic on them, I keep them short but the french polish makes them look longer, there's nothing worse than dropping your cash card and having to ask someone else to pick it up for you :blush:

Archived