Spelling mistakes

I agree, I find those posts impossible to read, so seldom bother. They're just too hard on the eye. I've never understood the whole suspension points craze, when did they take over commas or full stops? I only ever use them to indicate that a sentence is incomplete.

You know, Suffy (if you'll forgive the familiarity), as a serial, unashamed, abuser of the ellipsis I'd like to lay the blame firmly at the feet of the letterers of 70s and 80s Marvel comics and their British counterparts ... They started it!

That said - I do believe it to be perfect for internet postings and email as a quick, visual, indicator of a pause for effect or thought; plus, Wiki says it's alright too so that's fine by me...

An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech

It's funny but its nowt to write home about is it, maybe you could comment on the amount of Uni students who supposed to be clever but act like total idiots..:hihi:

You could, but this is a thread about spelling; she commented about spelling.

You know, Suffy (if you'll forgive the familiarity), as a serial, unashamed, abuser of the ellipsis I'd like to lay the blame firmly at the feet of the letterers of 70s and 80s Marvel comics and their British counterparts ... They started it!

That said - I do believe it to be perfect for internet postings and email as a quick, visual, indicator of a pause for effect or thought; plus, Wiki says it's alright too so that's fine by me...

You're (or is it your?:D) forgiven.

OK, I accept that, however, it's when posts are absolutely riddled with them . . . I find them hard to follow.:(

Archived