Mondeo audio problem- any ideas?

Hi can anyone help? I have a brand new Mondeo, and somethings gone wrong with the audio today. It has crossed my mind that it could be a manufacturer problem.

On my way home I was listening to a CD. I stopped at the shop, turned engine off, locked car and went inside. When I got back in and started the engine, no music came from my speakers. There was a just audible clicking noise coming from the speaker in the drivers door.

I have stopped and restarted the car several times, removed all of the CDs from the changer, tried the radio too. I just continuously got a clicking noise. When a CD plays, the timer is counting and the title comes up on the digital display, just no sound.

I have connected my mobile to the blue tooth as this works through the speakers and again, it all connects but there is still no audio.

I will be taking it to the dealers in the next few days, but was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? Is it a simple settings problem, or is indeed a manufacturers fault or something else?. I am not looking forward to doing a fair few miles with no audio, or no hands free :(

sounds like a fuse may have gone in the amplifier or something like that.

Thanks for the info. Strangely when I went to pick the fella up from work late last night, all was working fine. :-S.

Think I'll still get the stealers to have a look at it later on this week though

Mods- you can close/ remove this thread now thanks

Archived