Wedding breakfast

Whats everyones opinion on the wedding breakfast.. ?

im on a tight budget and i'm considering not having a wedding breakfast..

im thinking of having a late civil ceremony.. 4pm ish.. then drinks and canapes for guests whilst having photos etc..then a big buffet starting from 7pm..

if you are invited to a wedding.. do you expect a meal?

My main reason for getting married is to become by OHs wife.. not to splash more cash than i can afford.. if i could get away with going abroad on our own i would.. but the family would kill us!!

GO with what you want to do - there are no rules about it - maybe get married later in the day and so people will have already had lunch and then you could have a BBQ or something early evening? - I've just re-read your message - you are already suggesting something like this - i say yes go for it!!

• 2 weeks later...

thats what we did - got married at 4pm with just family and close friends then had a buffet at night.

my point was that i was wanting to get married so that we would be a proper family (already had kids) and show our love and commitment to each other. why should i pay for other people to feed their faces and get drunk.

at the end of the day its your day and you do what you feel is right and to the budget you can afford

good luck and all the best for the day

Archived